Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alien58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
    Keyboard only types some letters
    Have tried different tpyes usb and standard plug type both have same results
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Is this the same keyboard, or different keyboards you've tried? Just adapting the end to a different connection type is not an adequate test. Try a different keyboard or try the same keyboard on a different computer. If the problem doesn't happen with a different keyboard, then you need a new keyboard.

If you have the problem with a different keyboard, then we will need more information in order to better assist you. Please tell us about your computer. What operating system are you running? Make and model if it is a manufactured computer, otherwise the specs if it is a custom built one.

Also, make sure you have up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware. Also run scans with them. Plus, download HijackThis and post the log. http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/
    Tthomas2011 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Dec 24, 2010, 10:02 PM
    Try scanning your system for Malware/Spyware and viruses, they could be using keyloggers or just messing up the way your computer gets the key typing data.

Use:
    - Spybot Search and Destroy
    - Malwarebytes Anti-malware
    - Hitman Pro
    - Dr. Web Rescue CD (this is for viruses and it makes a CD you can boot to for easy virus removal)

If a clean up doesn't do it, repair your Operating System with your factory disc (no need to reinstall it completely, but you can do a repair which removes no data).

If that doesn't do it you may have some motherboard (hardware) related issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard types numbers instead of letters for the internet url box [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I just needed to ask how to fix the problem of the lettters typing numbers. I have tried the fn +numlock and fn+ scroll lock but they both don't work. I have a levono laptop . I am not sure what to do . Help me please ~~

Keyboard will not type letters [ 0 Answers ]

When typing,letters stop appearing on screen. If I put the cursor on the screen it works for a couple of letters then cuts out again. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My keyboard will not type letters. [ 4 Answers ]

I am using my boyfriends laptop cause when I type on mine where the keys that have numbers as well as letters on them it types the numbers and not the letters. I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

What is letters ? Types of letters ? Types of business letters [ 1 Answers ]

Letters ? Business leaters -types ?how it writes ?

Keyboard not typing some letters [ 3 Answers ]

Keyboard not typing -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My keyboard is messing up. Whenever I go to type something certain letters don't show up... help me? The P and the E don't work. :(

View more questions Search