Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savekelham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
    I've created an airlock, can anyone tell me how to get rid of it
    Help!

I changed my bath and sink taps this weekend and so I drained the system and closed all the appropriate valves (or so I thought). Once I finished I reopened the system and taps worked fine. However my power shower now has nothing coming through it... just air. I am told I have created an airlock.

How do I fix it? Upon closer inspection there was a valve on both pipes to the power shower that I did not shut off when draining the system. I imagine the answer lies in there but I do not want to start messing about with that without knowing what to do with it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Please explain a little more about your "power shower". Are we speaking about a electric shower? What's the brand name? Also please tell me whoever told you that you had a air lock. Since air will raise to the high level all you have to do to get rid of is to open the topmost faucet and let it run until it stops sputtering and runs clear. If this is indeed a electric shower that water isn't getting through it. Have you shut off any inlet valve to it?
    Regards, Tom
    savekelham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Please explain a little more about your "power shower". Are we speaking about a electric shower? What's the brand name? Also please tell me whoever told you that you had a air lock. Since air will raise to the high level all you have to do to get rid of is to open the topmost faucet and let it run until it stops sputtering and runs clear. If this is indeed a electric shower that water isn't getting through it. Have you shut off any inlet valve to it?
    Regards, Tom

Hey Tom

Yes it is an electric shower. My problem is that when I turn it on I hear the motor heating up as no water is running through it to cool it. I am not at home but will respond in this thread with the brand of the shower. When I drained the system I shut the main cold water thing underneath my sink and the valve coming from the hot water tank. I overlooked shutting off any valve to the shower.

Are you saying that all I might need to do is keep the shower running until water comes through it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 9, 2007, 05:40 AM
    What I'm saying is that your plumbing is OK but your appliance,(electric shower) has gone bad if it won'[t allow water to enter. What I think has happened is that in chanhing the taps you disturbed mineral built up on the pipe wall and it's now clogging the inlet ports oif the electric shower. Check the inlet of the appliance and clean the screens if you have them. Good luck, Tom
    archaeomk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Hi savekelham,
    I've got the same problem as you had. Could you tell me how you resolved it in the end please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Is Created When [ 2 Answers ]

Benzene, TNT, Picric acid, Nitrocellulose + thermal engergy are combined. C6H6 + C6H2CH3(NO2)3 +(NO2)3C6H2OH + C12H16(NO3)4O6 + thermal energy --->?? :confused: :eek:

Airlock [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to have an airlock in the hot water system. However, all my taps are 2in 1, so for hot water you turn to the left and to the right for cold, so I'm not quite sure how to get rid of the airlock. In the kitchen, the cold water is working but when I turn it to hot nothing happens... any...

Airlock problem on water Intake valve into House [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house that is 4 1/2 years old. I am on city water and all of a sudden about just over 1 month ago I started having a banging problem on the major water intake Valve into the house when I flush the toilets, washer starts filling up with water, turning on the Taps in the basement. This...

Subfolders are created 'cause of malicious software... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Few days back, I used a pen drive which subsequently started to cause problems by making subfolders (duplicate) of original folders. Now, the computer is going to meet its ending day. What should I do now? Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

View more questions Search