Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robknj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 01:52 PM
    What is the best way to remove an epoxyed undermount steel sink from silestone
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 04:55 PM

Here's what Milo (another "plumbing expert") had to say on these undermount sinks:

Milo said, "From my experience, we usually have good luck with removing under-mounted sink by inserting screw driver between the sink and front edge - and carefully applying pressure to it. You may even use hammer and gently tap the screwdriver few times. Don't try to break the seal the very first time. Do it gradually and every 6 inches or so all the way around. The joint will get weaker and weaker and eventually it will break off and release the sink.

Granite people usually use epoxy designed for gluing two pieces of stone together to attach the sink to granite. When this epoxy dries it has properties of glass. Meaning, it will break off relatively easy."... Milo.

You could give this a shot and see what happens. Before proceeding you may still want to consult with the silestone people... just to be sure... ;)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Undermount Sink Replacement [ 12 Answers ]

I want to replace my undermount sink that is mounted under a granite countertop. How difficult is it to remove the existing sink? I believe it is held in place by a very strong epoxy. How would the sink be removed and would it require taking up the granite countertop?

How to remove a rusted galvanized steel drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

My galvanized steel drain pipe that is 60 years old has a crack in it can this be fixed or do I have to replace it I had some one look at it and they said they could not unscrew the 18" pipe because iit was seized this pipe is the drain pipe from my sink. I had opened the wall to locate the leak....

Stainless steel kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Where I can find Stainless steel kitchen sink 100 x 50 cm for counter top installation,one bowl,one large drain board from "STUDIO' series by Ideal standard of europe with one hole sink mixer 1/2" swiveling S-tubing spout, projection 183 mm with chain lug,metal handles,chromium plated A 1030 980...

View more questions Search