Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustinBeaird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 12:21 PM
    What kind of bug is this
    Hello this bug was outside my home in Missouri it was around 6 inches long inclding wings never seen one before
    Prity scarry
    http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4757/10019150.jpg
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Dec 3, 2010, 12:40 PM

Looks like a dobsonfly to me.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Dec 4, 2010, 07:52 PM

Dobsonflies | Iowa Insect Information Notes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of bug is this and is it dangerous? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking this is an ant of some sort. I've found a bunch of them along my back patio leading to my door. As you can see they are a yellow colour with some stripes. I'm just wondering if they bite or whatever because I have 2 children. Thanks.

What kind of Bug is this? [ 6 Answers ]

OK last night, I went into my bathroom and there was this bug just sitting in the tub next to my cat (who I shall now refer to as useless since he didn't even bat an eye at it lol), anyways... I don't like bugs and this thing was pretty big, probably an inch or so, it didn't run or seem afraid of...

What kind of bug is this? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently, I have been having these little bugs around my house(southern california), and in particular my room in increasing numbers. They are small, about the size of the head of a pin, and such are extremely hard for me to get a clear picture of with the camera I have available. From what I can...

What kind of bug is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. When I lived in Alabama, I found this caterpillar, or at least I think it's a caterpillar :), in front of my trailer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind it is and what they know about it. Thanks! Emily P.S. I took these pictures in 2005, so I would like to know soon...

What kind of bug is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail....

View more questions Search