Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srjames87 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 06:56 AM
    Mystery Stomach Ailment
    My best friend has had stomach issues her entire life. She has always had a weak stomach and vomited often. She has never been able to eat spicy, rich, or high fiber foods, but recently she has gotten much worse. She is 23 years old and is unable to eat any foods with high fat or fiber content. When she does, she becomes ill and vomits. She is unable to drink alcohol because it upsets her stomach. The doctors thought she might have a condition where she digests food much slower than most people, but they found this was not the case. Then they though that that she might have a tumor on her pituitary gland causing a hormone imbalance. This was also not the case. She is restricted to eating white rice and deli meat and she has just about had it. Can anyone help us find answers? She just wants to live a normal life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 07:02 AM

Have the doctors tested for ciliac disease?

Dec 3, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I don't believe so (I'll as her), but she can eat white bread without feeling sick, so doesn't that negate the possibility of ciliac?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 05:56 PM

Many times it does cancel out the possibility of ciliac, not always. A few more guesses would be IBS or Crohn's Disease.

Dec 3, 2010, 09:12 PM
    I asked her and she said that she tested negative for ciliac. I will inquire about the others. Thanks!

Dec 3, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I asked her and she said that she tested negative for ciliac. I will inquire about the others. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach [ 8 Answers ]

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach? How can that be prevented?

Mystery [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie. About a college age photography student a boy whose family is wealthy. He falls in love with a mysterious but pretty girl. Who turns out to be a fugitive thief who tries stealing millions in money. At the end an FBI Agent or U.S. Marshall is questioning the guy about...

Mystery 3/25/09 [ 7 Answers ]

The mystery pain [ 1 Answers ]

I had this same pain for twenty years. Every time I had this sharp pain between the shoulder Blades. And each time they found a heart blockage. Angioplasty/bypass/stenting. Said it was angina. But even after all that treatment the pain still existed. Many doctors have said it was trapped gas, low...

View more questions Search