Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumblebeecrysta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Do u have the right to be induced?
    I've tried everything that it say to do online to go in labor and I don't get any sleep at night because I'm having contractions 2 min apart and they last till like 11 the next morning and I don't get no sleep and have to get up tih a 2 year old in the morning so I can't take a nap and have really bad back pain all day long ehen I go in to the er they say in only 1 and a half cm and send me home and I want to get induced do I have the right to tell my obgyn that I want to be and do you think they will
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 10:41 PM

How far along are you?

Most facilities have a strict standard of when inductions are scheduled. Usually 38-39 weeks.

At 1 1/2 cm, you are not considered in "labor."
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2010, 04:08 AM

Being uncomfortable is unfortunately a part of the last few weeks of pregnancy for many women. While being induced sounds like a good idea, unless it is medically necessary, it is putting yourself and baby at more risk.

Do you have any friends or family who could watch your two year old once in awhile so you could get some extra sleep in? Have you spoken to your doctor about something to help you sleep?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I have a vbac if I have to be induced? [ 5 Answers ]

My first pregnancy I was on blood thinners and had to be induced. It ended in an emergency c-section. I'd really like to do a vbac. If I'm on blood thinners again and have to be induced, can I still do a vbac?

I'm being induced! [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the docs on Wednesday and we scheduled an induction for thrusday... does anybody know step by step what they will do. I never had a planned induction... im getting nervoius!:(

Can I be induced? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 37 weeks pregnant as of today and I have been to the hospital numerous times just to be sent home in "false labor". The last I knew I was 3cm and 60% effaced. This is my 2nd child and my 1st was born at 35 weeks. I was induced with preeclampsia. I don't know if the doctor was trying to scare...

Has anyone had an Induced ADC? [ 1 Answers ]

Warm greetings to everyone, After learning about a method used to induce After-death communications, I was wondering if anyone has used or tried this method for communication with those who have passed on? Induced ADC's (IADC) for Grief Therapy

Steroid Induced Rosacea [ 3 Answers ]

Well I previously made a post about using 1% hydrocortisone on my face for two years. In addition to steroid induced rosacea I have acne vulgaris. I have read various sites that state that any acne topical that I am aware of will only worsen the rosacea. So I am left with an extremely flushed face...

View more questions Search