Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuestionanswer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 10:12 PM
    salvage title for damaged car
    My son was rear ended by someone and the car was deemed totaled by the insurance. We settled on the actual cash value for the car. We brought the car home from the body shop and sold it to a private party. Little did we know that we had to get a salvage certificate for the car before we can sell it. We contacted the buyer and told him that we need to get the title back and get it title correctly. He insisted on taking care of the salvage title on his own. We want to protect ourselves from future questionable title should the buyer decided NOT to get the title branded salvage. What can we do now? I am very worried. This is our first time ever in some 30 yrs of driving that we encountered this situation. Please help!! Thanks in advance for any advise we can get.

Check out some similar questions!

If my car was parked and their car was damaged is it my fault? [ 12 Answers ]

I parked my car very close to theirs in the dark. The next morning, as they drove off, their bumper was pulled off as it had become attached to my towbar. I was in my house, they called me and said "Your towbar pulled off our bumper". I know I was very close, but is it not their duty to ensure the...

Car damaged by company [ 4 Answers ]

My car was damaged at my home that I rent from a person. He had the roof done by this certain company and somehow my cars' hood was severely dented. I bought this car for 500.00 from a friend of mine but is worth around 3000.00. The estimate I have is for 900.00. This guy is trying to get me second...

Salvage value on damaged inventory [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation where inventory purchased on account was returned damaged. The original value of sale was $60. I am told the salvage value of the inventory is $20 and to record the inventory at its salvage value. 1st possible way to journalize?: Sales Returns & Allowance debit $60 AR...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.