Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zamira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Can someone sell his condo without board's approval?
    We just find out that a person who was director of association sold his place without the board knowing. From the time I'm in the board every condo for sale couldn't close without the association letter. What is the best way we can figure out how this guy close without our approval when he owns us back five months association fee.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 06:53 PM

Do you know which Title and Trust handled the closing? They screwed up.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2010, 06:24 AM

Hello z:

You don't have to figure out HOW he did it - only that he did it, and you already KNOW that he did. So, hire a lawyer and sue him.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    ... So, hire a lawyer and sue him.

Seems to be excon's stock answer lately: "hire a lawyer." :)

Actually, if I'm correctly understanding the normal practice of requiring a letter from the HOA, it's to see whether a lien for fees applies; in other words if there are any past-due fees. If the closing company obviously screwed up it might be a simple matter of making a demand letter to the title agency or whatever handled the closing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live on the top floor condo of a 3 floor condo building. [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor below me says that when I take a bath, water leaks through her exhaust fan onto the floor. This only happens when I take a bath, not when I take a shower every morning. I tried letting out a little water at a time which seems to help, but not always. I asked my condo assn. mgnt. And...

I need to sell my brand new bathtub, how and where can I sell? [ 1 Answers ]

I have new bathtub with pressurized water supply (with water jets fittings). Its not used ever since instaled by the builder. How can I sell it over internet?

What's the best way to sell my condo in MN? [ 5 Answers ]

New to homeowning... Have a condo in St.Paul, MN. Want to sell. Who's the best company to go through to save me money? Condo only worth about $75,000, not many agents into it because they wouldn't make much money out of it I think. Any ideas?

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search