Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmas1nana03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Owing back childsupport
    My exhusband had our son emancipated and he was behind on support. My question is interest added on to the back support until it is paid up?
    sgljaxguy Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Dec 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Only if you took him back to court for non-payment and the judge entered a judgement against him.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 02:28 PM

Mostly that depends on where you live. On a personal note Im against interest on child support as its putative and not good for the child in any way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 07:22 PM

In most of the areas I have been at, there is not, only added if the one party takes the other backs to court and the court orderes a new payment plan, ( and not always then)

I will assume some states may have it automatic,

But the details should be in your court order,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owing taxes [ 2 Answers ]

HI! I ran across your question and answer googeling my own similar situation. But I have a twist. Im married we have 3 kids under 18, my wife made about what jenpen did in babysitting money (4000). And I understand how the "independant contractor" thing works to help get around paying the FICA...

Owing a debt [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old credit card debt that has been turned over to a collection agency. I am now working with the collection agency to pay this debt. Back in February, the agency asked me to pay an initial $155.oo and leave a check on file for a larger amount which would be deposited at the end of march....

View more questions Search