Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mutukumwau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 01:40 PM
    statistics
    The MBA department is concerned that dual degree students may be receiving lower grades than the regular MBA students. Two independent random samples have been selected 350 observations from population 1 (dual degree students) and 310 from population 2 (MBA students). The sample means obtained are X1(bar)=84 and X2(bar)=87. It is known from previous studies that the population variances are 4.6 and 5.0 respectively. Using a level of significance of .05, is there evidence that the dual degree students are receiving lower grades? Fully explain your answer.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help [ 6 Answers ]

1. A random sample of size 49 is taken from a large population, measuring the time it takes to complete a driver’s license examination. The sample mean was found to be 47 minutes, and the sample standard deviation 5.89 minutes. Construct a 95% confidence interval around the sample mean. Be sure...

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

First let me say I am not a student asking for homework help. I have been perusing a old book of mine 'Introduction to the Theory of Statistics' (Mood 1950) and have come across the following problem at the end of one of the chapters. It is stated exactly as follows:"Suppose intelligence quotients...

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

12) A metropolitan bus system sampler's rider counts on one of its express commuter routes for a week. Use the following data to establish whether rider ship is evenly balanced by day of the week. Let = 0.05. Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Rider 10 34 21 57 ...

Statistics [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with these two 2nd year university statistics problem: Q.1 Let the discrete random variable of Y have a conditional uniform probability distribution on {1,2,. x}; ie: P(Y=y|X=x)=1/x, y=1,2,. x. Determine the unconditional mean and variance of Y in...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search