Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojennie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 11:00 AM
    I have a food blockage in my kitchen sink---I have tried a plunger-now slowly drains
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 12:49 PM

Remove the trap and rod straight into the wall with a 1/4" snake. Inspcet the trap too.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Disassemble the trap under the sink and see where the blockage is. You might be able to snake through the wall fitting.
    agghhh123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 04:08 AM
    Have you tried, bleach, it eats away at nearly everything
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Comment on agghhh123's post
    The problem with pouring chemicals down the drain is that they are trapped in a blockage and then a plumber or someone else has to deal with lye, drano, bleach etc.
    agghhh123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Comment on agghhh123's post
    Ohh sorry! (:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kicthen sink drains slowly with a j pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my kicthen sink . The water is slow to drain. I clean all the drain pipes and it still goes down slow. I think it's the j pipe but not to sure

Kitchen Sink Drains Slowly, Smells [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, for the past few months I've been having trouble with my kitchen sink. It's a mobile home, and the kitchen sink doesn't drain into the main septic tank. Our landlord didn't connect the sink to the new tank but instead left it connected to the old septic tank. That surely wasn't a wise decision...

Kitchen Sink Blockage [ 1 Answers ]

I was cleaning off some dishes last night and noticed that the water was not going down the drains. We have double sinks; one with a disposal. I tried to run the disposal and it just caused the water to fill up in the other sink. I have tried two bottles of the drain-o and it still is blocked as of...

Laundry Sink Drains Slowly [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Great Forum with great answers! Our laundry sink is in the basement and has a 1 1/2" pvc pipe set up to drain the washer to the point where it is under the laundry sink. The laundry sink also drains out into the "V" pipe and fills up as the washer drains its water out. Problem: Sink...

New bathroom sink drains slowly [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement. Shower is done, toilet is done, just installed vanity, sink, faucet, and drain. But the sink drains really slow when there is a small amount of water in the sink. But if I fill up the sink fairly full, then open the stopper, the water drains very quickly. Two...

View more questions Search