Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackk14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 08:59 AM
    I can't get over my ex boyfriend.
    My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for almost 2 years now. We broke up because we couldn't get along I was very immature and he was not. I was to young to know what I wanted at the time. Now I'm dating another guy and all I can think about is my ex and how much I would like to be with him. I really do love him but I know he's not the one for me but still I can't get over him. What do I do?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Obviously , you are not happy in this current relationship. However, after 2 yrs, you should have moved on. Have you been dating many guys?

I think we all tend to miss the past at some point and often times it means that we are missing out on something in the present. Saying that you love him may mean that you have never healed and learned from your old relationship... you need to figure out why because you will never be able to move on and be happy in another relationship. You are essentially in love with the past and how it was.

Some people may make the point that after 2 yrs perhaps it may be time to explore reuniting with your ex. Aside from the obvious( he may have a girlfriend) , I think the bigger issue here is that you really haven`t moved on. Do you think you have delt with the issues that caused the breakup with your ex?

I think it's time to consider your current relationship. Maybe, it's time to take a step back and be single for a while andwork out some unresolved issues.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2010, 09:37 AM

You still are comparing this guy with the last guy. Not going to work. Everyone is different, just like every relationship is different. It's not very fair for you to compare your current BF to your ex.

I think that you need to communicate with your current BF and let him know how you feel about how things are going and what he needs to do to make you feel better about things. I'm sure if he is a good guy he would do anything to make you happy.

Good Luck!

Dec 2, 2010, 02:59 PM
    Yes I am comparing them. I know I shouldn't. Thanks for your advice I'm going to try to talk to him tonight.

No I have not been dating other guys, right after my ex and I broke up I started dating my current boyfriend. Which was probably wasn't a good idea because I'm clearly not over my ex.

I have tried reuniting with my ex but he says not right now maybe down the road and after I finish college, and I'm on my own. Which to me doesn't seem fair because if he doesn't want me now, he doesn't deserve me later. Im think I just moved on to fast.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 2, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Comment on ironhide262's post
    So , basically your ex's answer is NO about reconcilling. Are you being fair to your current BF? Time to take a step back?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 06:31 PM

Wait a minute, you jumped from one guy to another (rebound), and now you want the other one back because you ain't happy with this one?

You need to be single and have a proper healing from the last two years.

Talaniman Rule- Date them all, short, fat, skinny or tall. 18 to 80, blind, cripple, or crazy!

You will have fun, and be ready for a good guy when you meet him!

Dec 3, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Comment on ironhide262's post

Yes your right its time to take a step back. No I'm not being fair to him if I really think about it. But going from someone who does so much for me (my ex) to someone who doesn't do much for me at all (current bf) really makes me think.

I think I lost the man I should be with.

Comment on talaniman's post

Ya I know. I totally need a fresh start or just be single till the right one come around. But my ex wants to be friends and us being friends is not working because I want more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 01:34 PM

Then you can't be friends then because you know it won't work since friends is not what you want, be single and unavailable to him.

What, you think he wants you back or something, as a romantic partner?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2010, 01:39 PM

Don't set yourself up for anymore hurt with the ex. You cannot be friends with the ex, when you still have feelings for them. You will end up just being their bootie call and they will still move on.

I agree with being single and getting over your feelings for the ex first. Good luck

Dec 4, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Yes your right, all he wants is to hook up. But I won't because he doesn't want to be with me. And I have a boy friend.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused feelings about current boyfriend,ex boyfriend [ 27 Answers ]

Okay background story, My ex and I dated for a little over 2 years, I loved him so much and he was faithful and good to me. The problem was that he wasn't as outgoing in a sense as I was, and he wouldn't take me out, I mean he took me out every weekend, but it wasn't to do like new stuff, stuff...

My best friend had sex with my boyfriend while she had her own boyfriend.. [ 11 Answers ]

I was away one weekend and my best friend and my boyfriend met up and had sex. Nobody told me, my whole friendship group knew about it but nobody said anything to me because 'it wasn't their business to tell'. Some friends they are.. So I was still with my boyfriend and still best friends with...

How do you get a girl who has a boyfriend, and her boyfriend is your friend [ 13 Answers ]

Im those type of guys who does what makes them happy irrespective of who/what gets hurt in the process. My happiness is always first when it comes to me. So I'm sleeping with this girl and she is dating my friend. I've suddenly developed feelings for her and I want her to be with me:cool:I think I...

View more questions Search