Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SammyLad10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 08:08 AM
    What does my dream mean for free?
    Basically, my girlfriend's ex boyfriend has threatened me in real life. I have been wanting to do something about it ever since he said something, and a few days ago I had a dream that I seen him. I was stood there with my girlfriend and I heard him say "look at him hes scared s***less." After I heard that I started to hit him and I kept hitting him but it was as if he was invincible.. And nothing was hurting him.. I woke up a few minutes later, and ever since then I've been wanting to know what it means..
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 09:54 PM
    When you are threatened in any way, by (essentially) a stranger to you, for no reason other than you are in the wrong place at the wrong time (involved with a girl in this case who has a nasty ex), it changes a person. Because there is no reason for the stranger to threaten you, you are left feeling afraid, and confused.

This stranger (to you) has no history with you; he does not know you, you are not involved with him in an ongoing argument, nor does he have reason to feel resentful, hateful, and aggressive. This leaves a big question in your mind, which has only one side. He is threatening you, but the other side of the coin is, you have nothing to make sense of it with; why he has made a choice to single you out, and target you.

That you are with his ex girlfriend, makes you the cause an reason (in his mind), for him not being with her. He sees you as a threat, standing in the way, of him being with her. What fuels this type of anger is immatue jealousy, insecurity, fear, and unresolved, misplaced anger. In other words, everybody is responsible for him not being with her, except himself. That you are front and centre, makes you a part of the problem, where under most circumstances, relationships that are over, while it hurts to see your ex with a new man, it is accepted as the partner has just moved on.

While this man has chosen to think of you as a reason for his own hostility, as well as a solution to his problem (if he gets rid of you through intimidation, he gets back with her), it is not personal. You could be the President of the United States, it wouldn't matter. You are seen as threatening, and as competition, to his ex girfriend. He does not see the relationship as being over.

You must take threats from anyone, seriously. It has nothing to do with your manhood, or your courage. It has only to do with the fact that a person who would threaten another person under these circumstances, is unstable, and justfies any of their behaviour, in order to achieve their goal. Which is to get her back.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told by women that their ex's have said, "If I can't have you, nobody can". And some of them truly mean that.

Walk carefully. Do not engage in any conversation with him and do not think that you have to fight such a person because whether you win or lose, you still lose, as it will not stop him.

Keep a diary of dates and times, and any retaliatory action he has taken against you, and report him to the police. Your girlfriend should do likewise.

I would consider the dream both a warning, and a wakeup call to understand what is going on here, and how to prepare yourself to respond appropriately.

Dec 4, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Comment on Jake2008's post
    Great answer. Thank you :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyLad10 View Post
    what does my dream mean for free?
    Hello S:

It means you're cheap.

excon

Dec 4, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Where did you get that answer from? :/
    tiamarieloesch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Look your going to go through a lot of stuff like that in life don't matter if it's silly scary confusing funny weird anything that's in life and what happens during the day if your still thinking about it when you go to sleep then it'll be in your dream that's all I got's to say! :):)<3<3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does my dream mean for free [ 9 Answers ]

They were this woman who I never seen before and she was trying to murder me and my sister and then my friends came and was trying to get in touch with people to stop her and she had chinese writing on her phone and she had loads of photos of girls on her phone she had a baby who was called "dont...

What does my dream mean free [ 4 Answers ]

My 10 yr old was drowning and I couldn't find him

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

What does my dream mean for free [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were sitting at a gas station getting gas and he out the gas in and as he got in the car a cop came up and said sir I need you to step out of the car. I said why what did he do. The cop replied he is under arrest for huffing gas (which he called it something else ) so he was...

View more questions Search