Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 12, 2007, 11:15 PM
    It is true that having friends of the opposite gender will not work if your partner can't accept it. You do need to talk. I personally think it can be OK. As long as your partner knows and it doesn't cause problems.
    celan2go Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I was married for 10 years. Both my ex and I had friends of the opposite gender before marriage during and after. One of my ex-wife's closest friends is someone she date before we met. He came to our wedding and my ex and 2 daughters have flown to TX (where he now lives) to visit him. And they were also in his wedding.

When we went on our honeymoon we went to Greece and Turkey; Greece because my ex had always wanted to go there and to Turkey because one of my dearest friend (a woman) was getting married.

Neither relationship ever posed any kind of threat or difficulty. The world is made up of men and women - why can a man be friends with a woman or a woman, friends with a man? I can't see it being a problem.
    abi123 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Yea your wife can have male friends! But you should be worried if she's going to clubs with then without you or she won let you meet them!

If they are friends that work with her then it should be fine!

The question is do you feel like you can trust her? Because if you can't you got to think why can't you trust her? And if it was the other way around and you have some girl friend do you think she would be worried about it?

Abi xx
    auzmale63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
    My girlfriend & I have been together for just over 1 year. We both still love each other dearly and live together. We both work at the same company also. We have a company xmas party to go to soon, and she said her rules are that we go separately to the party. Keep our relationship sepparate to work. But every one at work knows about us. She wants go take one of her male friends to the xmas party too. She has a few friends from her childhood days.One of them being her ex. We have allot of trust for each other but this situation is really getting to me. Does anyone think this is weird? Last years xmas party she took one of her friends to the party and all went well. The company didn't know about us then. When we got hoem, she invited her friend in and we had a coffe. We dropped him off and she was so in love with me that night.
    celan2go Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 09:12 PM
    When I was married, if my wife went to clubs or out for drinks with a male friend, I wasn't concerned. If yr married and don't trust yr spouse then you've got a problem.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 02:15 PM
    OK, what's a boundary?

If my wife or I decide to go to a bar with friends, what's the harm? To me the harm would be if she had to lie to me about it.

I have one cardinal rule. If I am about to do something I don't think I am going to be able to tell my wife, I either call ask her or I don't do it, period!
    mda3192 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
    I have many male friends. However, I have never cheated on my husband. Some women just get along better with men then women. I do go to the bar and hang out with them, sometimes with my husband, sometimes just me. My husband trusts me to not do anything to hurt him or our marriage.

Many times when I read questions like this it makes me wonder about the level of trust in a relationship. Do you trust her to be friends with men? Has she given you any reason not to trust her?
    It is not OK married people should not date other people it is not a trust thing it is a honor thing. Plain and simple dateing is something you do before you get married if your husband or wife is giving you what you need than GET A DIVORCE AND KEEP A LITTLE HONOR
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mda3192 View Post
    It is not ok married people should not date other people it is not a trust thing it is a honor thing. plain and simple dateing is someting you do before you get married if your husband or wife is giving you what you need than GET A DIVORCE AND KEEP A LITTLE HONOR
    1. This thread is TWO YEARS OLD. You must have done some serious digging to find it.
    2. If you consider doing things with your friends to be "dates", well... I hope you plan on doing nothing but hanging out with your husband and his family and your family and your kids after you get married. It would be "dishonorable" to spend time on "dates" with anyone else! And remember--cheating is still cheating, even if you do it with members of the same gender you are! So---Stay home! Don't EVER go out with friends, because in YOUR words, it's dishonorable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Male gymnastics [ 2 Answers ]

What do male gymnastis wear to keep their penis in place while they preform?

The End of the Assertive Male [ 12 Answers ]

What's going on with the world?? Everywhere I turn, men are becoming less and less assertive. I'm not talking about assertive as in arrogant pompous ass, but assertive as in actually making a decision sans drama. Ordering food, ordeal! Choosing what to do, ordeal! TELLING A WOMAN EXACTLY...

Peeing Male Dachshund--HELP! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I desperately need help… I have a miniature dachshund male (NOT neutered & ready to breed). He is 2 & ½ years old. Very free-spirited and strong-headed—born on July 4th . The problem is that he “marks” all of the corners in the house on the regular basis, when no one is home, or, when he...

Male attributes [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a way for someone to develop male attributes that were supposed to be passed on to him by his father. But since his father didn't raise him, he didn't acquire those traits. Thanks

View more questions Search