Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AntB1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 09:37 PM
    Help! Felon wants to Start a Business
    I am trying to start a business. I was released from federal prison in 12/07. I will be off paper / probation in 08/11. I have stayed clear of any trouble and have done everything to put myself in a position to open my own Auto Detail shop. My FICO score is 740 but debt to income ratio is right at 32%(Da#* student loans) and no credit history. I have no real savings and not enough disposable income to purchase the equipment and further education / certification to do it the right way. Where can I get funding to pay for the schooling and necessary tools? This is the best business plan I have because the training also includes catered business plans for each student. Please do not suggest SBA they do not lend to felons on paper because it is a federal program and YES! They ask on the application. I am looking for grants and LOW interest startup loans. Please advise.
    startingova Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 08:53 PM
    You may want to start with a mobile detailing business. It doesn't take very much capital to begin your business. I am a convicted felon who started a bar tending business. I started with $0. I advertised my services on craigslist.com. People used me for private events and eventually through word of mouth I landed some corporate contracts. I started receiving requests for more than just myself as a bar tender and hire independent contractors to keep up with the demand. I've expanded my business into an event staffing agency so now I receive calls for wait staff, security, ushers, etc, etc.

Starting your own business on a shoestring can be done. It takes what I like to call the three D's: dedication, drive, and determination .

Start by googling "how to start an auto detailing business with no capital". I have learned that mobile detailing is in demand. It gives people the convenience of having their car detailed at their home or job.

I hope this information helps you and good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 08:58 PM

And you go to work for a car detail company, and learn how to do it.

Plus sorry but there is not a lot to really learn, and the companies that sell equipment will train you on its use.

And often you start it part time, and let it grow.

There are really no grants and loans will depend on your credit score
    reesedavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 08:58 AM
    http://www.HomeBizForFelonz.info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does an ex-felon get a grant to start a business [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon and I would like some information on receiving grants or help in opening a business

Is there a small window opening for a felon to ask for a grant to start a business ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am checking to see if my son is able to apply for a gov. grant to start a business and if so is there a small window opportunity to get it. His release date is July of 2011.

A grant for a ex-felon to start a business? [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for funding to fuel my dream into becoming a business owner. My field surrounds air-brushin and silk screening as well as graphic art. Sincerely,willie amos of fort wayne ind.

Ex felon loans for business [ 1 Answers ]

Is there ANY kind of grant or loan that ex felons can receive? The grant/loan would be used to buy land and to manage their own business dealing with crops. I really need help

View more questions Search