Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miltmichelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 06:29 PM
    I have a butt joint open up in my lam floor that has been down for about two years.
    What is the best way to close up the joint with out removing a lot of planks.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2010, 05:27 PM

Remove trim on perpendicular wall closes to open joint.

Using a piece of wood at base of wall to keep from damaging wall, use a pry bar. If needed, tap with a hammer.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in basement at floor/foundation joint [ 9 Answers ]

I am asking for my daughter who is at a complete loss for solutions, and called dad for help. The house is 18 years old, poured concrete foundation and poured cement floor. Lots of rain this year and lo and behold, she has water entering the house where the floor meets the concrete wall on the...

Grount joint in shower floor won't cure [ 3 Answers ]

The perimeter light grey colored grout joint of my new shower stayed black for more than two weeks but lightened somewhat during the next week. When applying a sealer, it turned black again. The horizontal joint (in the wall) was applied over mastic on durabond. The other joints in the grey...

My dog rubs her butt on the floor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 month old sheppard pitbull mix that constintly rubs her butt on the ground. Is this something I should be worried about and if so how can I fix this probem?

I have had sole cutody for two years, now he wants joint, can he get it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been legally separated for over 2 years. I filed for sole temporary custody of our children at the time and received it. He has visitation with our children for 2 hours one week and 10 the next week, essentially visitation every other weekend. We are finally at a point where we have...

Father wants Joint Custody after 12 years [ 2 Answers ]

I joined this group in hope to find out what the chances are that my sons father will receive Joint custody. I am pretty sure he is going for 50% of the time. Some history of my situation~ My son 12 yrs old was born out of wedlock we stayed together for about 1 1/2 years, after that we went...

View more questions Search