Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mageemae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
    Dr. Committing worker's comp fraud. What should I do?
    If the physician I work for is committing Worker's Comp Fraud what are my responsibilities as an insurance biller & coder and how should I handle this situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 06:20 PM

Get your resumes ready to go ou when you lose you job, and

1. refuse to code or bill anything that is illlegal

2. report it to the insurance company.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2010, 05:47 PM

Definitely report this fraud to the insurance company. You could be also charged with fraud if push comes to shove if you don't inform them and could face serious felony charges if you don't. You did go along with this fraud knowingly so you could face charges. Best to do the right thing before it hits the fan with your boss.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 06:26 AM

Thread from December 2010 and OP never returned.

Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worker's Comp Claim Adjuster / Scheduling Appts? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am the caregiver for my brother who was seriously injured in a work related accident two years ago. My brother suffered traumatic brain injury, is severely disabled and wheelchair bound. Today I discovered that the claim adjuster called my brother's doctor to schedule a follow-up...

Market structure: Perfect comp, monopolistic comp, oligopoly and monopoly [ 1 Answers ]

Market structure: Perfect comp, monopolistic comp (imperfect comp), oligopoly and monopoly. What elements of market structure really matters? What are the elements suggested by the 2 extreem (perfect comp and monopoly) and the 2 intermediate (monopolistic comp and oligopoly) that really matter?

Woman's Comp Attorney Fraud [ 2 Answers ]

My WC case was settled and approved by the commission in NC om May 1 2008. My attorneys Crumley and Associates in High Point NC, keep giving me the run around about the settlement check. I called the adjuster who told me they have not heard from the attorney. C and A said the attorney told them...

View more questions Search