Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexbeantown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Girlfriend lack of interest cause I work second shift?
    Hi.I'm a 28 yr old male,I been working second shift at my job for almost 5 years.my issue is with my girlfriend.I have a girlfriend and we been together for five years also,lately she's been distant and shows little interest in me,I knew she was a bit shy in the beginning,and I'm a outgoing guy who likes to show affection for her like it was in the beginning,I complaint to her about her change and she said is because we don't spend time together enough because of my job,the thing is that for me that's not a big deal,no love texts,sex has decrease and I feel sometimes left out,she's always tired,don't know what to do.need some advice.. thanks. Alex
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 05:39 PM
    "bad timing" concerning sex and when one is most driven can be a real issue.

She's stated she likes quality time with you... that it mentally connects her to you... that's fair. It doesn't excuse neglect... both sides need to understand what's happening here. If she is exhausted when you are available, that's a known cause for a drop in drive. And it can get thornier... because if she cannot trust that you will be available when she is most driven, she can begin to mentally shut down. Easier to accept sex won't happen than to hurt for want of it...

I'm not saying this is your fault. I am saying that early in relationships, during that discovery phase, we often go beyond out normal efforts to seek out the other person. It's a part of the chase. The thrill. The excitement of someone new.

Often, in time, well... that's when you start to see the natural rhythms of the other person.

I completely went through this with one love. She was an early morning girl. I favored night. During dating, night was the only time we could see each other, and therefore the only time sex occurred for the most part. Later on, when the relationship became more established and I was a constant part of the household, sex changed dramatically... mostly tied to extreme differences in drive.

Ticked me off at first, but I later learned, after finally addressing this though talking to her, that she had, since 7 years old, read herself to sleep at night. That was her ritual. It wasn't about choosing a book over me... it was her nature.

Now... a compromise was sometimes going to bed a little early and giving some attention... and I eventually started waking up at 4am when she was most driven. Maybe it wasn't my first choice, but it was a choice that I could make.

So she needs some time with you. Make some. Even if its get out one night a month and go out to dinner, even to a hotel. Get out of the norm with all the strains of daily living. Make it an event. See how she responds. Find a night to spend on her needs. Problems outside the bedroom often make their way into the bedroom. Be patient and open and willing to talk about this without it being "you never"...

You need some help. She needs some help. You both need to be willing to change some things up. You both are asking for the same thing... you both want attention... yours is intimate, hers is comforting, but you both are looking for a connection you are struggling to make.
    daydreamer777 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 10:06 AM
    If she's been with you since you've started working your second shift and is only just now bringing it up, it's probably not the job. You should confront her about that, not aggressively since she is shy, but just let her know you know. If she's unwilling to talk, then she's probably made up her mind and it's up to you to either change something or let her go if she's trying to leave.
    If this isn't the first time she's brought up the lack of time together, then you've missed the warning signs. At that point, you need to find out if she or the job is more important to you in the long run.
    Talking to her would be the biggest part of this, especially since y'all have been together for 5 yrs. She's probably not going to want to walk away from that kind of commitment unless you give her no choice. Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not social Lack of motivation Can't sit still no interest in anything! Can't hold job! [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes:I am a 22 male . I went to counseling for about 3-4 years when I was younger for behavior problems and family problems . I was adopted by gparents at age 11 . I am a drop out 2 years in a row for fighting . I cannot keep a job for long at all maybe a week or 2 if that . I have no friends...

I sent a piece of machinery back to the lack of work. [ 5 Answers ]

I sent a piece of machinery back to the lack of work. They show it being voluntarily released. But, there is nothing showing it was corporate debt and the amount showing owed is more than the amount requested by the collection co. The collection co. will not send me anything in writing to show what...

Lack of interest in husband [ 6 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and have been married for six years. My husband lacks any interest in sex. He hates oral sex completely. He is physically fit yet he has psychological probs. Thinks that sex is a dirty act. At the same time he disagrees to meet any doctor or counseller. What do I do? How do I...

Lack of interest in sex [ 9 Answers ]

I have been seeing this man for almost one year. He lived in TX and I am in MI he came and visted me in November stayed one month we had sex twice. Then he was back in Jan and we had sex twice. He then moved to WA in Feb he came to see me in May and is still her it is now July. We have hasd sex...

92 Honda Accord shift loack/guages/windows won't work [ 3 Answers ]

I have been under the hood. All dash gauges have quit working along with front power windows, I also have to unlock the gear shift drop in neutral then I can start and drop in drive. I have tested every fuse I can find. I have even tried the big block relay/fuses under hood and some in the driver...

View more questions Search