Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoganW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Verbal agreement binding in state of Ohio?
    I am an entertainer in Ohio. Had a verbal agreement with a club for a gig, sent out contract and posters, they acknowledged the received with a phone call. We never got the signed contract back, but they requested new posters with a name change of the club. Now they called to cancel within 10 days of the gig. Do I have a case in small claims court? 11/1/10 -agreed upon date/price/ even looked at website while I was on phone with them! sent them contract/posters... used to be called Legends which is how it was listed on line yellow pages... the manager calls back a few days after they received my contract/posters, and says we are not legends, we changed the name to Puckers. "I'll just scratch out Legends and write in Puckers and return to you. Please resend new posters with correct name" so I did that immediately. Now 10 days before the gig, which is this weekend 12/4/10, he sends an email (hiding behind an email instead of calling personally!) saying they are canceling due to circumstances beyond their control! We call and he says the reason is they never received the other posters- like that's a reason to cancel? First of all, the posters got sent to the same address as the contract, and it took him two weeks to call and say they haven't received anything? Secondly, now the owner/manager first says "they never booked us and they never received a contract or poster" then he says "we had the wrong name on the contract, so therefore, they don't have to honor it" wait a minute... I thought you just said you never received a contract or posters?? Hmmmmm LIAR! Then he said he only books bands, not duo's and we deceived him by saying we were a classic rock band. We told him, we would never say we're classic rock, we are variety, as it says on the website that they were looking at and we discussed all of that CLEARLY while on the phone. Our entire repetoire of songs is right there on the website. Then he proceeds to say, "Well, I would never pay the price (we had on the contract)" and we said, how would know the price you just stated if you never received a contract? This guy was a complete ------------- on the phone. Do I have a case in small claims court? Also according to our contract the case must be handled in Cuyahoga County where I reside. They do business in another county an hour south of here. If they didn't sign it, do I have to file in their county?

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal Agreement- Binding or No? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in Ohio. I have a verbal agreement with someone. The agreement was that he would purchase some software and equipment for me, and that I would pay him back with a percentage of the proceeds of the small business I was starting. He became angry with me and now wants me to give him back his...

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Is a verbal rental agreement legally binding in Ohio? [ 0 Answers ]

I live in cincinnati Ohio with my older brother. I've lived here for at least six months and I've paid 200 dollars a month to him in cash for rent. I've got no receipts for rent or anything like that. His name is the sole name on the mortgage, so I am just a tenant. I never signed a lease or...

Verbal agreement.Binding or not? [ 5 Answers ]

My friend lost her job and couldn't afford to make her jeep(a second vehicle) payments anymore. I needed a vehicle for work because my ex got the car in our settlement. She and I made a verbal agreement that I would take over her jeep payments and insurance payments until paid off. After several...

Is a verbal agreement legally binding in the state of PA? [ 4 Answers ]

Perhaps I had a verbal agreement to pay a loan that the parents of my now ex-wife had taken out for us. Now that we are not together any more, for more than three years, and I'm still paying this loan payment, am I legally bound to keep doing so, or not? I know the moral thing to do would be to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.