Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjmcnary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Damaged check wedding gift
    My son received a check for a wedding gift. Unfortunately it went through the washing/drying cycles and can't be deposited. How does he word a thank you note?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 07:00 PM

He calls up the person who sent it, explain what happened, and normally they giver will merely send them another one
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 04:02 AM
    He can't send a thank you note, until he has the gift.

The giver will notice that the cheque wasn't cashed.

If it is someone he knows very well, do as Chuck said, and have him call the person and explain what happened. If he does not know the person very well, I would enclose the crumpled up cheque so they know it didn't fall into the wrong hands, or that he is saying it got messed up in the wash, and maybe it really got lost, and he doesn't want to say he was careless.

The very least he should do, is talk to him in person, explain what happened, and what he did with what was left of the cheque.
    jls1979 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 12:29 PM
    I agree with both. We all make mistakes & sometimes owning up to them is hard but, if they cared enough to send him something as a wedding gift they should understand mistakes happen & will send a new check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?

Gift for destination wedding and the couple is also having a reception 1 gift or 2? [ 2 Answers ]

I am attending a destination wedding, Aruba and the couple is also having a reception once they get back in New York. I am attending both. 1) Do I bring the gift with me to Aruba? 2) Do I bring it to the reception? 3) Do I get them a gift for both?

Wedding gift [ 1 Answers ]

We are travelling to a destiniation wedding and spending a around 2000.00 to get there. What is an appropriate gift to give from a monetary standpoint given the expensives being incurred to get there? Thanks

Photographer damaged wedding photos [ 6 Answers ]

I hired and signed a contract with a wedding photographer for my wedding, which took place 7/19/08. I paid him a down payment for the package which included pictures, a back drop, pre-wedding, a full day, and the pictures was suppose to be ready in one week. Come the day of the wedding. He did...

Wedding gift [ 2 Answers ]

How much $$ should I give to casual friends at a wedding

View more questions Search