Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totalcare Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2010, 04:10 AM
    Can by ex boy friend take me to small claims court for monies he said I could keep?
    When he left he wrote me an email stating that I could keep the money in the joint account and also the deposit on the flat however, 7 months on he said unless I gave him half he would take me to small claims court. He is likely to win? I do have the email from him saying that I could keep the monies.

Dec 1, 2010, 05:27 AM
    Could by ex-boyfriend win in small claims court for monies he believes I owe him?
    He walked out 6 months ago and emailed me to say that I could keep the monies we had in the bank and also the deposit we had on our flat. He now says that if I don't give him half he will take me to small claims court. What is the likelihood of him winning, (bearing in mind I have it in writing from him that I could keep the both monies).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by totalcare View Post
    He is likely to win? I do have the email from him saying that I could keep the monies.
    Hello total:

Nahh. You've got your proof.

excon

Dec 1, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    Thank you for your response, that is kind of what I thought!

You have an interesting username!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claims court [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is being sued by his EX-mother-in-law for "multiple personal loans" that she claims were made to him and her daughter over the years of their marriage in the amount of $4,200. He has no idea what she is talking about and she refuses to give him any information or details. (see you in...

Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot...

Small Claims Court [ 47 Answers ]

I have been sued in Small Claims Court by a debt collector. I filed an answer and then received a pretrial conference order. I would like to file a motion to dismiss because debt collectors can not sue in small claims court in Texas. I would like to know if I can file my motion now or must I wait...

Small claims court [ 1 Answers ]

I have been summoned to small claims court in aug. this is for a credit card debt 2001 with a charge off in 2002. Now an attorney who buys and tries to collect these debts is the one who is taking me to court. What are my options? I am retired and work two days a week to supplement my income. I do...

Can I take this to small claims court [ 6 Answers ]

We had a car that we were leasing. On January 26th 2005 the car was repossessed because we had no insurance on it. It wasn't being driven it was stored while we were looking for cheaper insurance. It was repossessed. We aren't fighting the repo, we are fighting the amount they are charging after...

View more questions Search