Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicholette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 08:46 PM
    What's the sentence for a first time probation violation on a 3rd degree felony
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 06:40 AM

Hello n:

It depends on what the violation was for, and what the sentence was, and what the original crime was, and whether the defendant is a first offender, and LOTS of other things.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 01:45 PM

Get out your original sentencing paperwork and look that over very carefully. It will give you the scenerio the Judge has in mind for you if you violate your probation. Just read that part over very well and then get an attorney to handle your probation violation hearing. You are probably looking at some jail time for a felony 3 probation violation.

Also, did you tell your PO about your violation? If not, that's more headache for you if you didn't inform the PO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

Can a sentence be suspended on a felony probation violation pending outcome of allege [ 6 Answers ]

Can a felony probation violation be suspended temporarily to allow for the outcome of the trial for the alleged incident that was the violation? If the violation incident ends in a not guilty, then therefore there shouldn't be any violation, correct?

What's the jail time for nc on felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail and was charged with felony probation violation. He only has three months over his head. He turned himself in. This is only his second felony. The first one is from seven years ago. How much time might he get?

I have a 3rd degree felony charges (grand lARCENY [ 2 Answers ]

I am a us-residant here for last 6 years.I got 3rd degree felony charges (grand larceny $3000).I have court appearances on 23rd dec I just wanted to know,can I apply for citizenship right now.

View more questions Search