Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grant in ga Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Broke up cowboy needs real job...
    Im an Ex-Profesional bull rider turned Tractor operator some may say I'm crazy. But when I was doing what I loved (bull + Bronc riding) my blood pressure was a lot lower. Now I can't hold a job because my only skills are cowboying and tractor jobs. So my question to you ( yes I said you big whup want to fight about it? ) does anyone know of somekind of school that teaches how to get a real job that you can stay at successfully. See I've never had to look for a job until a year ago!
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Hi Grant,

Sounds tough to find a new job. Have you tried looking into an outdoor job like landscaping or maybe heavy equipment operator. You sound like the type that would not be happy with an inside job. I've worked with some heavy equipment and if you're not strong enough it will throw you around like a stallion. The most "bucking" machine I used was a Gravely and it left some serious bruises on my arms trying to control that bucking machine. It wanted to go one way and I wanted it to go another. It was quite a thrill to make it go the way I wanted it to. The skills needed are probably not taught in a school, so you may have to check into a company that hires landscapers or check into a heavy equipment school. Our local paper has constant need for backhoe drivers. Also forgot to suggest the local big barns in your area are always in need of people that are real good with horses. This is another ad that is constantly in our paper. ---- Ace
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace High
    Hi Grant,

Sounds tough to find a new job. Have you tried looking into an outdoor job like landscaping or maybe heavy equipment operator. You sound like the type that would not be happy with an inside job. I've worked with some heavy equipment and if you're not strong enough it will throw you around like a stallion. The most "bucking" machine I used was a Gravely and it left some serious bruises on my arms trying to control that bucking machine. It wanted to go one way and I wanted it to go another. It was quite a thrill to make it go the way I wanted it to. The skills needed are probably not taught in a school, so you may have to check into a company that hires landscapers or check into a heavy equipment school. Our local paper has constant need for backhoe drivers. Also forgot to suggest the local big barns in your area are always in need of people that are real good with horses. This is another ad that is constantly in our paper. ---- Ace
    Grant , are you scared of heights? If not become a sign installer. Decent pay, challenging and best of all you get that cool adrenaline rush when you're off the ground. It's a fun job. Tough work but cowboys aren't scared of that.
    dansuggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Go to saddle making school or bit and spur making school you will make good money
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Aug 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Hey Grant, so why can't you bull ride any more? Did you get hurt?
    I guess it would depend on what would make you happy as far as an occupation and a change might be good for you like a new adventure.
    How old are you? Have you ever thought about going to college?
    Male nurses make good money and the school is only 3 or 4 years.
    If that is to long like the other guy said you could get in a barn somewhere and train horses
    Or maybe teach bull riding classes.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Id agree to say look in the landscape or construction field. How much do you need to be clearing after taxs?
    Jaxmidway Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Grant,
    Find out when USPS (Post Office) is giving the postal exam in your area... apply for carrier or/and clerk position. If you can read numbers and have basic high school skills you can pass the exam.. It's a good living for someone without a degree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's alien movie and Cowboy film. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Guys hope you can help me out because its driving me insane! FIRST: 80's Alien movie. Begins on the moon/mars, a probe has landed and little alins look at it... The alien comes back to earth with the probe. Next scene is a road block police are searching cars to find the alien (it...

Broke up [ 3 Answers ]

Okay... well me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up two months ago.. we were on and off though but we were on for like 6 months and I love him so much.. I just kept breaking up with him because I didn't want to get hurt again... but I am in the same boat hurt again... he won't talk to me...

I broke up with my girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know what my problem is but I broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year. I love her and I think I'm in love with her so I don't know where we went wrong. I know that we both want different things in life. (i.e. family, kids, etc) She wanted to work things out but I didn't.. . why? Why? I...

C$ Broke ? [ 6 Answers ]

Apologies if this is on the wrong board but here goes... Our network is some 6.5, 5 Netware and Windows 2003 boxes, everything is in eDirectory and Zfd management agent on all machines and we use Group Policies delivered by Zen. I use the C$ every now and then to move files etc.. But for...

View more questions Search