Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adeleonjr81 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 04:48 PM
    What kinds of jobs can I get.
    I am about the graduate with Bachelors in Health Sciences and Human Services in General Rehabilitation. I need to get a job and get some income before I apply to the masters program for Physical Therapy. What specifically will qualify under this area? Please let me know cause I am only looking into Rehabilitation centers under techs, case managers, or social work. Don't really want the paperwork from the case manager or social worker but do love the hands on from the tech work. Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 05:00 PM

What about hospitals? Nursing homes? Assisted living centers? What about working at a funeral home? What about working with high school/college sports coaches?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 08:13 PM

All of the PT centers I go to, all have PT assistants, and they normally are college students working on various degrees.

But then if you need money, you find any job, from delivery pizza to sweeping at the hospital.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2010, 12:09 PM
    I would advise you to start networking. The job market is rough right now, and even people whose degree technically qualifies them for a certain job are having a tough time finding work. Your best bet is through building personal relationships with individuals working in areas close to an area in which you'd like to work.

Do you know any people who work in rehabilitation centers, or who do any work related in any way to physical therapy? Talk to these people. Set a time to talk to them casually and ask them for information. Let them know that you're looking for work and that you would like to eventually become a physical therapist. Ask them for advice. Get names from them. Let these people know what kind of work you are best at and what kind of work you would most like to be doing. Be positive and grateful to these people, let them know that you really appreciate them taking the time to talk to you. Then, these people may keep their eyes out for you, and they may pass your name on to others and put in a good word for you if a job opportunity arises.

This way you will both get more contacts, and gain more insight into what jobs are available to you.

In the past, when I've tried to get jobs by searching job openings and applying to jobs, I've gotten nowhere, and the search has been frustrating and demoralizing. But when I've networked the way I describe above, it's been fun, I've learned a lot, and I've quickly landed jobs that were both more interesting and better paying than jobs I've gotten through searching and applying to job postings.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What different kinds of love are there? [ 16 Answers ]

I was having a discussion with my boyfriend tonight, and I said "how much do you love me?" Just a simple question, that requires a simple, perhaps romantic and adorable answer, such as "more than there are stars in the sky", or whatever. Instead he says "as far as I'm concerned there's only one...

Kinds of thread [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Different kinds of fallacies [ 3 Answers ]

It takes someone with a really big heart to give to your charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most.

Seven Kinds [ 2 Answers ]

Seven kinds of Sex The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone and you both have sex until you are blue in the face. The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a short time and you...

How many kinds of people are there? [ 8 Answers ]

I've heard it said, "There are two kinds of people in the world: Those that divide the world into two kinds of people, and those that don't". What do you think? Spiritually speaking, are we all of the same kind, two kinds, or many kinds? Most Christians seem to believe that there are only two...

View more questions Search