Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yaniv_lo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2003, 04:11 AM
    Autocad
    Hello,

I'm using autocad 2000 with windows xp professional. After installing and upon opening the program I keep getting fatal error messages (exseption 77ectt?? ).

The disk I'm usying is not original :o but it has worked for many other people. Suggestions please!! I have a test soon!!

Thank you
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2003, 04:06 AM
    autocad
    The most likely culprit is non-compatibility.  I crashed my brand new WinXP Pro, the first week I had it, by installing a few rather simple programs that had worked on prior Windows versions.  My PC was fine as soon as I uninstalled them.

You may have something installed on your PC that interferes with the autocad program. Some anti-virus programs can cause these sorts of problems; no way to determine exactly, since there are so many variables.

Another possibility may be that the autocad is only rated for prior Windows versions and you need to upgrade the program, or at least see if the manufacturer's site has answers regarding problems of this sort.  If it's registered to you, a visit to their site should help.  If it's a "borrowed" copy, then I'm afraid you aren't going to get much help, except for general answers to your questions.

Good luck.

Jun 21, 2003, 05:19 PM
    autocad

First of all thanks for replaying. It says that your logged and I'm new here so I'm not sure but if there's a way I can chat with you about this ill really apreaciate it.

The autocad is suppused to suport that version of windows (xp). The only thing that makes sense is like you said that its 'colliding' with another program. Any idea how I can check that?

Thanks again
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2003, 06:23 PM
    autocad
    I'd suggest rebooting in Safe Mode with the bare minimum programs - just those that will run your PC. It's time consuming, if you are not sure which program is causing the problem, but it's the most thorough way to find the problem program.

You will need to activate programs, one by one, start your autocad, then see if you are still having a problem. If you are not, then go on to the next program, until you find the source. I'd recommend disabling the program you believe is causing the problems, then go through the rest of them to make sure it is not something else.

Hopefully, it will be some insignificant program that you can uninstall and do with out.

To start in Safe Mode:
    • Click on the Start button.
      Click on Help and Support.
      Type safe mode in the search box.
      Press the Enter key, on your key board.
      Click on the link (in the left-hand column) for Start Windows in safe mode.
      Follow the instructions given on the right.

I'd recommend printing the instructions so you can refer to them while you are troubleshooting.

You need to have a great deal of patience; it will take as much time as you have programs (in my case, it would take me several days, given the large number of programs I have on my PC).

You will need to start, and restart, your PC quite a few times during this process. I am not a "tech-head", so I don't know what else you can do if this doesn't work.

Hopefully, this will work... one more thing: it may be a good idea if you can get a fresh copy of the program. Have your friend burn a new CD. Barring that, I will say a little prayer that it works for you.

Rose

Jun 25, 2003, 03:26 PM
    autocad
    Dude thank you very very very much. I'll try it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AutoCAD 2004 conversion to 2002 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know if there is software available to convert AutoCAD 2004 drawings back into AutoCAD 2002 so I can read them... HELP!?

AutoCAD and VB [ 1 Answers ]

How to get the dimension , coordinates of the entity of AutoCAD drawing using Visual Basic . I am using filter property of select method of selectionset object... But its not happening.. Please send me the example code for the same.. Regards Sanjay

Autocad 2004 [ 2 Answers ]

I am an AutoCAD 2004 user and wanted to know... how should I draw an object in architectural units with dimension of 11/18" or 13/27" etc. i.e dimension other than multiples of 1/8".

View more questions Search