Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mooshupooshu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Did my boyfriend get me a Urinary Tract Infection?
    Hi guys.. well to start, I'm 15 years old. A few weeks ago I woke up and went to the bathroom and noticed I was urinating blood. I was freaking out so later that day I went to the doctors. They just said I had a simple bladder infection and gave me antibiotics. However, I guess I didn't make it clear that it wasn't blood IN urine. It was blood AS urine. I don't know what in the world could have caused this. The only thing that comes in mind is my boyfriend because he fingered me 2 days before this occurred. Could that be a reason as to why this happened? I'm going to the doctors again to get checked because now my parents are worried (They didn't know that I was urinating actual blood either) also I'm starting to have these weird pains in my lower left side, and a little on my lower back. I'm so scared what's happening to me? Could I have a kidney infection? Will I die?! :confused:

Oh and I've also been losing appetite, I've lost 6 pounds already. There's no chance of me being pregnant though since I'm still a virgin. I'm really worried, I haven't told my boyfriend this yet because I don't know if its something serious or just an infection... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! :( :( :(
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Jan 7, 2007, 06:53 PM
    It sounds like Urinary Tract Infection a bit, and it most likely is that. The pains are normal (as a friend of mine had pains similar to that as well), but the thing that is odd is that it is blood, not a mix.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
    It is very possible that your boyfriend gave you an urinary tract infection. This can happen from dirty fingers and nails while fingering.

Blood in urine and blood as urine is the same thing. It is just that you had more blood than you did urine.

An abnormal amount of Blood in the urine in known as gross hematuria. Gross hematuria can occur when a patient is bleeding in some part of his or her urinary system, and the blood is being flushed out along with the urine.

Common causes include urinary tract infections, injury to the urinary tract, kidney or bladder stones, tumor growing in the urinary tract, or problems with blood clotting. Women are known to develop hematuria more than men because women are more likely to have urinary tract infections.

However, because of you are having new symptoms, you should seek emergency medical care, today because this may represent a severe infection in your kidney. Your Physician may decide to do test e.g. Urine "dipstick": A strip of chemically treated paper is dipped into a cup containing a sample of your urine that will show different colors to indicate the presence of blood, protein, sugar, or infection to determine why you are urinating blood.

If you have a urinary tract infection, you will take antibiotics for 3-14 days, depending on what part of the urinary tract is infected. Even if you see no more blood, you should return to you Physician for follow-up care.

Hope this answers your question!

WORK(S) CITED

1. eMedicinehealth, 2007.
    Blood in the Urine in Urine Overview
    ravie5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2007, 08:29 PM
    UTI"S are caused by a bacterial infection. Every time my husband and I have intercourse I have to take a macrodantin(A UTI antibiotic) to prevent a UTI. My urologist has said that bacteria is exchanged every time you have intercourse and some people's bodies just don't have the immunity to fight off all the bacterial exchange. So it is likely that your boyfriend gave it to you, but it's not like getting an STD.

Hope this helps!
    mooshupooshu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Hey guys thank you SO much for the comments. Turned that I did have an UTI.. but I was OK :) (whew) I just took antibiotics for 5 days so I'm all good now! The whole blood deal was normal according to the doctor and the weight loss was from something completely different, they said it was probably from stress.the pains were normal symptoms so overall I WAS overreacting... but thanks again for all your help guys'!! And for people out there that are fingering.. please be careful!!
    Sherbear0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Wow this is amazing I was literally having the exact problem! I'm 15 and my boyfriend fingered me and 2 days later I have bathroom problems. (and I'm still a virgin) so I told my mom and she said she thought it was UTI so I googled some questions and found this. Hahaha that's awesome.
    YaYazboyz55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Have your kidneys checked. That's what it sounds like, a bad kidney infection, I was your age and had such a bad kidney infection I almost died. Let me know how u make out and good luck sweety. YaYa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Penis infection? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I got a problem, help me out. My penis has started to develop a white coating, don't know what? Its kind of a bit flaky. And it pains on the rim of the head, where it has developed more. I normally had a good hygiene and no problem. Please help me out. Can't have sex also, since its painful....

Help with yeast infection [ 6 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been having a recurring yeast infection for the past 5 months. It first started when I was on some antibiotics. I went to my doctor and they prescribed monistat. It cleared the infection up within a week. However, about 5 weeks later, around my period, my infection...

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Help Urine Infection [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a urine infection (well think that's what it is) it hurts when I pee (at end of pee not whole way thru) I first noticed this on the 1st and went to doctors and got some antibiotics, took them and it got better but just today noticed it seems to have come back. WHAT THE? Should I wait a...

View more questions Search