Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RAJATRAWAT88 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Please help me...
    I broke up with my ex 5 months ago. Because I was not a loving and caring boyfriend according to her.
    I called her and msgd her for 4 months but now I am applying NC and it has been 1month. After break up every time I asked her to meet me and discuss about break up she said no. but then I forced her like jerk, but whenever she came to meet me she always cried and said "i know whatever i am doing is not right and very selfish". She also told me that she likes a boy in her college who proposed her 2 years back but she said no to him because at that time she was with me and that boy proposed her again and she is going to say yes. But when we met and I asked her about that boy then she said that boy proposed her again but she said no and she doesn't want anyone till her graduation. And she lied about that boy so that I will leave her. Now I don't know what to do. I have done every mistake calling 10 times a day, sending messages and try to persuade her. But I really love her and this NC is now killing me. How much more I should wait. please help.
    FarmRacer15 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Nov 29, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Wait so that boy who "proposed wasnt real" if that's true you need to be nicer to her try to be a good friend then get back into a dating type thing.. you have to earn her trust back. If you can't do that you have very slim hope... it also sounds like she has moved on a little.. try to meet up with her and tell her how you ACTUALLY feel. Your going to have to put your heart out there on your sleave!

Nov 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
    No... the boy is real and they are good friends... she has told me about him when we were together... what should I do?? Should I contact her??

Ya a fone call. Make sure she is alone. Try to get to meet up with her. Like I said you have to tell her how you feel and if she doesn't feel the same way you must accept that and try to be friends or move on..

She won't meet me... I know... because the way I acted in last meetings. I was very angry and tried to persuade her evrytime we met.. she even changed her no. and didn't give it to me... I was thinking of a hand written letter..

Hand written letter would show sincerity.. but you also don't want to seem like a creeper. it sounds like you really like her but youwere a MAJOR jerk the last few times.. you've convinced me a total stranger that you have changed now convice her

Its going to be harder than convincing me I promise.. you are going to have to work your a**off to convicne her.. that your different.she still thinks of you as the old mean you admit you were a jerk and you are changing for her. Tell her you want to betr

Once a good friend of mine talked to her at that time. At that time she said she needs some time. She said there are so many negative emotions in her now and more we talk the they will grow harder... so we should not contact for few months

She also said I have done many good things for her... but she don't know why she only remembered bad things
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJATRAWAT88 View Post
    how much more i should wait.
    You wait forever. She has already made it clear that she does not want to be with you. She has moved on and you should too.

Do not contact her by phone, text, IM. As hard as it is, you need to cross her out of your life completely and chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Remember what you did wrong in this relationship so that it doesn't happen in the next one as well.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:39 PM

Before responding to any more answers, please scroll down to the Answer box. Do not use the comments feature, please.

Nov 29, 2010, 09:40 PM
    Sounds like she is almost scared of you.. she's afraid of being hurt.. like many girls are. Be a friend. Use your own judgement on when to contact her.. try to work through the wall that the negative thoughts have built up.. I see both sides of this

She is scared for her own well being and that's normal.. you must gain that trust back from her. It will be hard but it can be done.. make sure she knows how you feel. I cannot stress how improtant that is!

Nov 29, 2010, 09:42 PM
    So you think there is no hope... can't I proof her that I am a changd person now... have you ever been through this kind of condition??
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Before responding to any more answers, please scroll down to the Answer box. Do not use the comments feature, please.

Again, please do not use the comments feature.

There might be hope, I can't say for sure that there isn't. The only way to know for sure is to give her the independence she wants. If you continue on this path you become stalker-like and she will just resent you that much more.

You are actually making this worse for yourself by continually contacting her. She said leave her alone, so do that.

Get yourself healthy. Go to the gym, find a hobby, spend time with friends, but leave her alone.

Nov 29, 2010, 09:46 PM
    But why scared?? And worst thing is all her friends took my side and left her alone... and she thinks m doing all this.. she is al alone and I can't even help... and I don't want that boy to support her right now...

And when should I contact her... please tell your opinion...
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:48 PM

PLEASE STOP USING THE COMMENTS FEATURE TO RESPOND IF YOU WISH FOR THIS POST TO REMAIN OPEN!

Just scroll down to the Answer box to respond.

Nov 29, 2010, 09:48 PM
    That's what I am doing... I have not contact her for last one month... but how long I should wait??
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:49 PM
    thats what i am doing... i have not contact her for last one month.... but how long i should wait???
    You wait until she contacts you. If she contacts you. Period.

Nov 29, 2010, 09:51 PM
    What if she won't contact me??

Nov 29, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Sorry for all the comments... I thiknk there is always hope. Yea I've been through this before not this extreme but very similar. She is scard you haven't changed and that its going to repete what you did last time... you have to make her feel safe around you. Compfortable . Like she could tell you anything this is going to take time and guts(you are going to have to tell her everything. Manly how sorry you are) and just saying you haved changed won't work. You have to prove it. You are going to need to give her space... I would say two months since your last contact or attempted contact with her. Doing so will hopefully give her time to think. Start working on that ltter.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 09:56 PM

Raja, how old are the two of you?

FarmRacer is only 13, so her advice, while valid for a 13 year old, may not necessarily be valid for your particular situation.

Nov 29, 2010, 10:01 PM
    OK.. so you saying I should write that letter... because previously you were saying no... and when should I give this letter to her... right now or after one month when I will try to contact her and what exactly should I write... and I think you are right... she is scared of me.. but it was her fault also... she didn't meet even when I was begging to meet and that's what made me angry..

I am 21 years old my ex is 19 years old... so what do you think I should do??

Hey farmracer... how old are you??

So what if she won't contact me??
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 10:11 PM

Do not write her a letter. You are too old and mature to do that.

What do you do? You leave her alone. Just like she asked you to. If she doesn't contact you, then you move on.

It's time to act like a grown man, not a teenager. These games are for teens, not adults.

She broke up with you. She has found someone else. She has made it quite obvious that it's over between the two of you.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 10:13 PM
    hey farmracer... how old are you???
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmRacer15 View Post
    Im 13 and this guy ive known since iwas like 7
    You can read for yourself here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...-a-529866.html

The advice she is giving you is good for teens, but you are an adult now. No letters, no phone calls, no texts.

Nov 29, 2010, 10:15 PM
    But I really want to give this relationship one more chance. I really believe in it... and I don't think she is with that guy... is there no other way??
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 10:17 PM
    but i really wana give this relationship one more chance. i really believe in it.... and i dont think she is with that guy... is there no other way???
    But SHE doesn't want to give this relationship a chance. You might believe in it, but she doesn't. It takes two to tango and you are dancing solo.

NC is the only way to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search