Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canalsthrucrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Large molor root canal through existing crown
    LARGE MOLAR ROOT CANAL THROUGH CROWN - Had root canal through an existing crown - crown was installed maybe over 5 yrs ago because tooth was cracked while eating an olive with a pit. The root canal was performed on large molar over 2 weeks ago. At first Dentist only detected 3 canals - still had pain - back to the Dentist and he found another canal (the 4th canal) - removed that nerve in that canal - has been over a week now and still have pain with the tooth especially if food should happen to get in that area which I try to avoid. Been trying to avoid chewing anything on that side of my mouth but when something does get in the area I immediately have pain. Dentist is telling me it is post op pain and if that is so how long could that last? I have no sores on my gums and I presume no infection. I can also suck on an ice cube in that area and there is no pain - it pains sporadically but it also has a dull pain most of the time? It is driving me crazy and it is also very uncomfortable. Any answers would be appreciated. Any thing would be apprciated.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Do you feel the discomfort only when food gets stuck in the area or when chewing food in the area? You may want to go back and have the dentist check your bite. A slight adjustment may be all that is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root canal after crown [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently had a crown done and it became a root canal a few weeks later. The first time I had the crown done in April, the fit was incorrect and there was a space between my two molars which caused food to get trapped. It got heavily infected and hurt a lot. I had to go back and see the...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Is a must a root canal before a crown [ 2 Answers ]

Do you always need a root canal before you have a tooth crown?

Root canal/crown [ 1 Answers ]

I had a crown and root canal earlier this year. I also have 2 crowns next to it. #16 is crown/canal, # 15, 14 have crowns no root canals. I don't feel those 2 bothering me, They are not sensitive or any other feelings to them. The # 16 has ( or seems) to be bothering me. I went to the dentist...

Root Canal/Crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had root canal and crown done 4.5 yrs ago, 6 months ago, I felt pain from that tooth, and got it checked lately... my dentist said that its infected and shaky... option given was either I extract it or redo the whole process of root canal and new crown? I thot root canal is ridding the...

View more questions Search