Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coachgt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Dual zone gas heat w/ forced air up is blowing cold air on second floor.
    We have a gas furnace with two thermostats and forced air on the second floor. The heat works fin everywhere but the second floor. The temperature is dropping and the registers have cold air blowing out of them. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 03:55 PM
    If you have 2 thermostats, you have a zone valve and controller somewhere. If you can find the zone valve to the second floor, make sure it is opening when heat is called for. If it doesn't work, you have a bad zone valve, bad controller board, bad t'stat or possibly a disconnected riser pipe or a bent zone valve not allowing it to open. Are you sure the second floor t'stat is set for heat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual zone ac not blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

Dual zone with 1 unit not blowing air

My gibson gas furnace is blowing cold air not heat [ 0 Answers ]

My gibson gas furnace is blowing cold air. I turned the unit off and on and adjusted the thermostat. Still cold air is blowing

Forced Air furnace is only blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

I turned my furnace on for the first time this fall and it is not heating. The blower works And is blowing cold air. The furnace is a forced air furnace. I have lived in this townhouse for about two years and not sure what to do. Have called a couple people but everyone is really busy right...

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search