Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penguin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 02:09 AM
    My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pau
    My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pause and so on. The only way to get it to go back on is if I go to the thermostat and slide the notch until I hear a click and turn it back up. I than go back to furnace unplug wire, plug it back in and it kicks back on. Any idea what's wrong
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1 View Post
    My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pause and so on. The only way to get it to go back on is if I go to the thermostat and slide the notch until I hear a click and turn it back up. I than go back to furnace unplug wire, plug it back in and it kicks back on. Any idea what's wrong
    Assuming your heat modes the issue, there are several reasons for the ignition module to "lock out" as described.
    A "lock out" occurs after 3 unsuccessful attempts at ignition usually, although th module can go haywire and act as it wants without any describable scenarios as blinks etc, see the legend for the codes for the blinking, it may tell you high limit or pressure switch etc, the hi limits and flame sensors, pilot proving devices are all required to be closed to operate. A flame sensor can be dirty but rarely is it that easy the flame sensors just a ground rod that senses the Dc signal once rectified by the flame from a ac signal originally , thsus proving a flame exists and safe to continue running, the induced draft motor hads a pressure switch with a tube running to the switch from the induced draft squirrel cage housing, the orifice clogs with carbon , its tough to break loose a tiny dril bit is what I use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace has a seven red light blink error indicating that ignition lock out due to [ 2 Answers ]

Red light blinks seven times,ignition lockout due to retries.. does the igniter burn out ? It does not glow as it does in normal operation or is it more technical

Why does the drive light blink. It didn't used to. [ 1 Answers ]

The light on my dash that indicates that the car is in drive started blinking. It never used to blink. It would normally stay green. But now it blinks constantly but doesn't effect the performance of the car.Why?

The red light has a steady blink no hesitation [ 0 Answers ]

This is freongas again, I just wanted to say that the red light in the unit blinks the same no indication of a code. This is for the carrier 58gs100-2 that pilot lights but no fire and on blower is it the PC board?? Heeeeeeelp!!

Goodman Furnace Model GMPN080-4 one red blink [ 3 Answers ]

Furnace turns on the igniter glows but does not ignite (the gas valve is not turning on) it does this 3 times before turning off the circuit board blinks 1 time.. I replaced the flame sensor and it still does the same thing checked the gas valve and its not getting 24volts to it.. anybody have any...

View more questions Search