Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FarmRacer15 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Nov 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
    Can a girl who is 13 date a guy whom is 16?
    Im 13 and this guy I've known since iwas like 7 well we have become more than friends we are making out and stuff. Well I talked to my mom about it and she wasn't really sure cause he JUST turned 16 a day ago.. and I've been 13 for 7months now.. well I was wondering that if since its not anything more than making out, hugging, and holding hands.. is it illegal. I've known his mother and father since my dad remariied and he has always been there for me as a friend. When I went through some rough times in my life... we both know that I'm to young for anything... involved.. and he even once told me that I should keep my "gift" as long as possibe and if at all possible until I'm married.. well I was just wondering if anyone kneww exact details about these laws and stuff if you do thanks..
    LN232 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2010, 08:19 PM
    You're both minors and not having sex. Its perfectly legal
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 08:20 PM

Dating is legal everywhere. However, laws regarding "making out" as well as anything more sexual varies by location.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2010, 05:12 AM

In my opinion 13 is too young to be dating one on one, especially not when it involves "making out" (even if that is confined to kissing, hugging and holding hands). Group dating at 13 is OK, but not one on one.

On the other hand, this is a decision best made by YOUR parents. They know you better than we do, and if they feel you are mature enough to handle dating AND they approve of the guy, then its up to them.

It is a rare 16 yr old that doesn't want more from a girl. Its also rare for a 16 yr old to have a romantic interest in a 13 yr old. My major concern is that as he gets older (i.e. 18 to your 15) his interests will wander. You need to be prepared that this may not be a long term relationship.

But to repeat, as long as there is no sexual activity AND your parents approve, no laws are broken.
    FarmRacer15 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Nov 29, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    My stepmom won't let me ner him witout one of my brothers within a 100 yard radiushis parents are always nearby my mom& friends are the only people I've told so far but thanks4the help.I don't want anything sexual and if goes that far I will kik himgone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for a 15 year old girl to date a 19 year old guy in az? [ 3 Answers ]

If we just date and not engage in sexual activity is it illegal?

Is it legal for a 15 year old girl to date a 20 year old guy in because ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 15 year old girl date a 20 year old guy in because ?

Is it okay for a senior guy in high school to date a freshman girl ? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it okay for a senior guy in high school to date a freshman girl ?

View more questions Search