Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlM625 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 11:02 AM
    How to address a gay couple snailmail
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

. If you know which is which, they are still male and female. So address the lady as Ms. and the man as Mr. I know this opens up a lot of possibilities but when faced with this decision you have to do the best you can. I don't think there are any guidelines in Ms. Manners to cover this situation. It is basically a new situation.

Tick
    Catsysue Posts: 42, Reputation: 18

Nov 28, 2010, 09:10 PM
    I just write both names -- Like Ms. Suzy Snowflake and Ms. Spring Sunshine. The same way works for men. I have used this method successfully for several years and have not received any negative feedback.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    . If you know which is which, they are still male and female. So address the lady as Ms. and the man as Mr.
    Umm, Tick, this is about a GAY couple. :rolleyes:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 09:26 PM

Miss ABC (my sil is first)
    Miss DEF (her partner is second)
    Mr. GHI (their son)
    Address
    Town, State, Zip
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Umm, Tick, this is about a GAY couple. :rolleyes:
    I know
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AlM625 View Post
    how to address a gay couple snailmail
    Hello A:

Mr. & Mr.

excon
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 04:55 PM

AlM625 does not find this helpful : not relevant

Of course you didn't find this relevant. It was dialogue between members, AIM. Not exactly a fair comment to make.

I was indicating I knew it was about a gay couple :(
    Tick
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2010, 06:29 PM

Not sure why there's a question as there aren't a lot of options...
    Mr. David Jones and Mr. Adam Kennedy, or Ms. Mary James & Ms. Anne Johnson. If one of them took the other's name, you could just do "Adam and John Hanson", for example and skip the Mr. or Ms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay Couple - Meeting the parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, So I'm a little scared lol. My fiancé and I are planning on heading to his parents house in Mississippi this Christmas and it would be the first time that he has brought someone home. We're driving and he has shown me his house on Google Earth. I guess I'm freaking out a bit because I don't...

Gay Couple, Meeting Parents for the First Time [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I have been together for over four years- however, my family and her have never met, due to the severely negative reaction of my parents upon learning of our relationship. It has been almost four years since I told them we were together- we live 500 miles away from them, and my...

Sewer gas smell a couple times a week. Last a couple of minutes, then gone. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sewer gas smell in one of our lower bathrooms around 1 to 2 times a week. The smell only last for a couple of minutes, then it is gone. You can smell everything in the bathroom (toilet, air vent, shower) and it is simply in the air and nowhere else. When the smell happens, it is always at...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

View more questions Search