Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenmere Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2003, 08:10 AM
    WinXP Pro vs WinXP Pro
    I recently purchased a used PC that is running WinXP Pro as the operating system. As I later discovered this version is not a registered copy and I'm therefore unable to download any updates from Microsoft. I would like to install a new update version of WinXP Home over this XP Pro copy. Can it be done? Any problems I might encounter. Thanks, John
    Dr._Ephemeron Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2003, 10:53 PM
    WinXP Pro vs WinXP Pro
    If it's XP and it runs, but you can't update it from MS website then it is most likely "The Devil's Own" pirated mass license version with a blocked product ID.

I don't think I would even try and install a legit version over it... but you never know it might work OK, but then again you could waste a bunch of time installing it and things go wrong. I would use the format option when installing XP Home and make it clean and simple.
    glenmere Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2003, 06:58 AM
    WinXP Pro vs WinXP Pro
    Dr Ephermeron

Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winxp ftp [ 1 Answers ]

How can you change the file permission to file using winxp dos' ftp program? Is there a guide or list of commands for winxp dos' ftp program? Thank you,

Winxp pro [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: after being infected by trojan "download trojan". My display property "desktop" function is being disable. It only show the message "spyware infection" when I wanted to change the background of my display from the desktop function I just cannot change the browse function is disable. I had...

WinXP Pro vs WinXP Pro [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had to reinstall WinXP Home on my computer due to startup problems. After I reinstalled the OP using the WinXP Installation CD, whenever I startup the computer I immediately see the following screen: "Please select Operating System to Start: "Windows XP Home Edition - Windows XP Home...

WinXP Taskbar [ 2 Answers ]

:-[I removed my Internet Explorer from the task bar next to the Start button. I tried dragging it from the Start but it would not insert. I did add it toe the Links. I tried the microsoft.com FAQs, but did not help. You cannot believe how much time I have spent on this simplistic task. :( ...

View more questions Search