Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danwoodward Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Goodman Furnace Blower Problem
    I have a builder installed Goodman GDS80904BHA that is approximately 5 years old. Recently, the furnace seems to be shutting down and "recycling" before the call for heat has ended.

Here's what's happening: 1. Call for heat. 2. Draft inducer starts. 3. Ignition glow plug starts. 4. Gas valve opens. 5. Blower motor starts. All normal up to this point.

After about 2-3 minutes, the blower motor mysteriously shuts off. However, the flame does not shut off for another 1-2 minutes then cuts out (presumably because the temp inside the furnace has reached the upper limit cut off). The furnace then attempts to "recycle." Everything shuts down and it will start up again as if nothing happened. During the entire process, there are no error codes that flash on the LED located on the main circuit board. The furnace will just keep cycling like this over and over.

I think that the problem may have something to do with the limit switches, but that's just a guess. Strange though that no error would be indicated on the circuit board if this were the case.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace doesn't come on.blower doesn't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Goodman Furnace GMP075-04 about 9 years old.. it doesn't come on when I switch my thermostat to heat... I replace the ignitor last year and it worked fine until now... blower doesn't come on either... I tried turning the air conditioner on and it works fine... I have went through the...

Goodman furnace problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have two goodman furnaces. They both heat up, but, they both have erratic or uneven sounding flames. They run for a while and then click the flame sensor snap switches off. What would cause this, especially same problem on 2 different units?

Goodman furnace blower not kicking in [ 6 Answers ]

Model is gmp075-3.. worked fine until today. I cleaned the flame sensor and that seems to work. The gas ignites and all seems good but the bottom blower motor doesn't spin, just humms. Could it be burnt out?there was a foul smell noticed by someone else here. Its o zegrees here.any good...

Blower on goodman furnace will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

We have a goodman gas furnace and the blower will not turn off when the temperature reaches setting. Air conditiong unit will turn on and off properly but the fan on furnace stays on constantly. Any way to remedy this?

Goodman furnace blower recalls? [ 1 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace blower is making noise like a freight train. I have been told the blower has a recall on it. Have you heard of that? Otherwise, it has been functioning very satisfactorily. Thanks, H

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.