Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutex3love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 05:07 PM
    HELP: wanting my hair coulor lighter.
    I have dye my hair lots of times before. And now it's an darkish brown coulor. But now I want to dye my hair a very light brown coulor but every time I do so it's still stay the same coulor what do I do? ( p.s my naturally hair coulor was black)
    Lanist57 Posts: 31, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Hair color on top of hair color only goes darker. Hair "dye" cannot lift other hair "dye" to a lighter shade. Find a professional hair stylist to have them achieve the desired look you want without putting any other colors on your hair. With all the color you have put on your hair, it is hard enough for an experienced hairstylist to work with, let alone someone not professionally trained to work with it. The stylist will have to remove some of the color in your hair or use highlights to lighten your hair, and then tone it to the desired level. If you try to do this on your own, you will end up with an unflattering brassy result.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

A medium brown haired girl wanting to going lighter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, in need of some hair colour advice. I have natural light to medium brown hair (probably a neutral/warm brown), but have been colouring it light blonde with highlights for a few years now. I always feel my base colour is a little yellow/orange (just slightly), so decided to go light brown...

View more questions Search