Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Jan 7, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Second Date Ideas
    Hey You,

Well I'd like to begin by thanking you all for taking the time to help people on this site. It is very much appreciated.

So the question is pretty straightforward, what are some good second date ideas? Our first date was a coffee shop and we had a lot of fun. I'm trying to think of something fun where we can both get to know each other and there is no pressure. Also, I want to be unique from the other guys she's probably dating, something that will make me stand above the rest. And if possible, something not too expensive. Any ideas?
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Hi Confused25,

If she is a health nut, how about trying those indoor rock-climbing places. I have always found those to be fun. Or if she is more of the intellectual type, check into the unique museums in your area. --- Ace
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused25
    Hey Ya'll,

Well I'd like to begin by thanking you all for taking the time to help people on this site. It is very much appreciated.

So the question is pretty straightforward, what are some good second date ideas? Our first date was a coffee shop and we had a lot of fun. I'm trying to think of something fun where we can both get to know eachother and there is no pressure. Also, I want to be unique from the other guys she's probably dating, something that will make me stand above the rest. And if possible, something not too expensive. Any ideas?
    I forgot to add that I agree with you about the great advice that you will find on this site. -- Ace
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Jan 7, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Personally, I save the rock climbing and things like that for after you're a couple. I'm of the mindset that when I'm dating somebody, I'm trying to get to know them. Going rock climbing is more of a distraction from your day. I'd take her shopping to the mall or something like that. It'll give you good insight into the kind of girl she is, the types of clothes the wears, and more importantly, what sorts of things she likes on a guy. Don't let her pay for anything, and make sure you trade up that velcro wallet with the duck on it for a nice leather one.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Im in for fun things. Especially early on. You have to have a good laugh and lots of fun and then she won't be able to wait for the next time she see's you.

Soemthing like indoor rock climbing can be good, but that may be a bit hard if she isn't the most physical type.

Horse riding can be a nice day out in the country. Not sure where you are but I know it can be a nice day. Go karts, mini putt golf etc. can also be fun for a date and a good way to get to know the real person.

Sitting down to a dinner and movie all the time can get boring and repetitive.

As I said, I'm all for as much fun as possible early in dating. Plenty of laughs is always a good way of pushing the right buttons!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Take her to a comedy club. She laugh and associate those good laughs with you.

Jan 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I now have ideas not only for a second date, but also a third, fourth, and fifth. Much appreciated!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 12:05 PM
    If she is dating others... shouldn't you be? Just curious.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Yep the comedy club is great - ace in the hole.

Musseums are - in Chicago my ace I nthe hole the Musseum of contemprary art.

Rock is great s well. Done that. My gym has a 7 story wall. It's pretty awesome.

Ice skating is fun depending on where you live. In Chicago we have a great outdoor rink.

Movies are a bad idea. Real bad - maybe after like 3 months.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Oh God, That's where I took my now wife and the Shedd Aquarium and it was awesome.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Museum of contemporary art?

I just love that place because there are just some wacked out stuff there. I don't necessary like it - but it tingles the senses.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
    The tour boats around Lake Michigan, <choke> oh the memories.:rolleyes: Chitown has so much to do.The concerts Navy Pier, outdoor concerts atJackson Park, The Taste of Chicago, oh why did we leave. Oh yeah those brutal winters,:eek: its not the Windy City for nothing.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Global warming - sunny and 40 today. It was 50 a couple days last week.

Played golf last week.

Start your cars people! It's good for Chicago!!

Jan 9, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    If she is dating others...........................shouldn't you be? just curious.

Well I don't know for a fact she is dating other guys, but I usually think worst-case scenario that way I'm always prepared for that sort of stuff. I think it's naïve to think I'm the only guy she is thinking about or that I'm the only guy interested in her, so its fair to assume she is dating other guys.

As for me, well if I meet another girl that sparks my attention then I will definitely ask her out on a date. This however brings me to a new question. I know it's absolutely fine to date more then one person when you're not in a committed relationship. My biggest worry is that if I date several girls, one of them might develop really strong feelings and then I have to break her heart when I let her know I finally got into a serious relationship with someone else. You see what I'm saying? I don't want to break some girls heart when she finds out I "picked" to get serious with one of the other girls I was dating. How do you handles this sort of situation? Any ideas or advice on the matter?
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Also, I want to be unique from the other guys she's probably dating, something that will make me stand above the rest. And if possible, something not too expensive. Any ideas
    This is how I got that impression.
    confused25]Well I don't know for a fact she is dating other guys, but I usually think worst-case scenario that way I'm always prepared for that sort of stuff. I think it's naïve to think I'm the only guy she is thinking about or that I'm the only guy interested in her, so its fair to assume she is dating other guys.
    Sure is, but Never worry about the competition, thats their problem not yours.
    As for me, well if I meet another girl that sparks my attention then I will definitely ask her out on a date. This however brings me to a new question. I know it's absolutely fine to date more then one person when you're not in a committed relationship. My biggest worry is that if I date several girls, one of them might develop really strong feelings and then I have to break her heart when I let her know I finally got into a serious relationship with someone else. You see what I'm saying? I don't want to break some girls heart when she finds out I "picked" to get serious with one of the other girls I was dating. How do you handles this sort of situation? Any ideas or advice on the matter?
    Slow down will you, just have fun dating and don't lead anyone on. Dating is about fun. Until you meet some one and want more, have fun. Don't get so far ahead of your self its easier to cross one bridge at a time.

Jan 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Tal- Oh trust me I'm taking it slow, but as you can see from a lot of the people on this board, not many individuals do that. With that said, the people we date, especially us college folk, will fall head over heels over someone after just one or two dates (luckily I've finally learned not to do this). So I personally may see dating as just a way to have fun, but that does not mean the girls I'm dating will see it just like that. Moreover, even if try my best not to lead someone on chances are she may see differently just because we went out on a date or two. See what I'm getting at here?

Nevertheless, I agree, it's best to cross that bridge when it comes. I just wanted to prepare myself if that situation did ever arise.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
    I don't think you can ever be prepared to hurt someone's feelings if you find out that they may be more into you than you are them. You can be honest but that won't stop the hurt. If you go slow though you may pick up a few things to make a good decision, like backing off. Not an easy call. But that's life you just never know what happens next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

Any ideas? [ 21 Answers ]

OK guys, so I am just wondering on your opinions. OK, I had my period on the 11ths. Lasted 5-7 days. On sunday(the 28th) I had a small amount of bleeding. (just enough to get on my underwear. Thought I was started my period, and rushed home from church. Surprised me, because I had only had my...

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search