laurelton1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Judge vs arbitration
    Defendant continues to request trial by the court and months have gone by
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2010, 10:35 AM

Hello l:

In my state, the plaintiff requests a trial date... But, in small claims, the court sets it, and it should happen fast. I'd pay a visit to the clerk. Your case may have fallen through the cracks...

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 11:21 AM

Arbitration unless mandatory where they arbitrator finally rules if no agreement is met, does not have to be agreed to,

So if the judge ordered it to start with, go back to court and file for a new hearing ,

So much depends on contract clauses to arbitration, court orders for it, and more.
    Just not enough info to really know where you are at with this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arbitration [ 3 Answers ]

Is arbitration with a car dealership mostly fair? I have sufficient evidence and witnesses I just fear I might be stuck doing arbitration instead of small claims like I want to do. If so, how to I go about issuing a demand for arbitration?

Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a notice about an arbitration hearing for a credit card account with Chase Bank through Mann Bracken. This is the only piece of information I have received from this company. I never received ANYTHING else from them. I sent in my response asking for validation of the debt. What...

Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

I was served with papers from a county sheriff by a debt collector concerning a settlement through arbitration. I have 30 days to respond to the county sheriff. Anyone have any advice on what I should say in my response. I have quite a large debt to MBNA & no extra money to pay it. Thanks, ...

View more questions Search