Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyyyy17878 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 09:49 AM
    How do I make money with this
    I have to do a mitzvah project and I really wanted to do this singing thing but I tried to sign up to late so I can't, I think I want to make money for charity by singing or selling cookies. Athough, I have no idea how to use that to make money! Any advice?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 10:05 AM

You might have trouble with the Health Department if you try to sell cookies.

First, choose a charity, so givers will know what they are giving to, say, the local animal shelter. Can you book a room for a public singing event at the Park District or at the public library or in a school auditorium or even at your synagogue? If you talk with the person in charge of programs and explain that it will be for charity, there might be some interest. Of course, you will also have to deal with publicizing the event, providing accompaniment for yourself, printing programs, having an emcee maybe, providing info about the charity, etc. Are there other area singers or singing groups who might want to be part of such a program? That would get you a bigger audience. Making it end up as an audience sing-along might be fun and would whip up enthusiasm for your charity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 11:48 AM

Of course if your goal is to help others though a charity and to raise money to give to a charity,

Why not just use your talents and sign and perform for those disadvantaged and provide them cookies, nusing homes, ast living facilities are always looking for people to helping a program.

Nov 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks. I never thought of that.

Nov 28, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks. Except do you know of any good places to sing for? I can't do it at my synagauge or school. Any other places?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 10:26 AM

Thanks. Except do you know of any good places to sing for? I can't do it at my synagauge or school. Any other places?
    I have no idea where you live and what's available in your town. Ask an adult -- a parent, your rabbi, a teacher. Are you going to be the only one singing, or are you going to organize a musical event (more people, more money)? Would people come to hear only you sing and pay money for the privilege?

I don't know how involved this can be/has to be, how much time you have to plan it, how much money you want to raise. If you want to sing four songs in front of your own family and a few relatives in order to raise $25 for charity, you can do that in your living room. If you plan a musical event, you may have to rent a room in a restaurant or find a public building that will allow you to use a big room.

Nov 28, 2010, 11:33 AM
    I have until next September to do this. I have a lot of time to plan! Thanks for your help. I'll try and look into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I make all the money, I make all the rules about it, right? [ 39 Answers ]

Of course not. That's the dumbest thing ever said. Now how do I convince my wife that just because I make the money (she is a stay at home mom to our 2 terrors) doesn't mean that she doesn't get to spend it and doesn't get an equal say in how it is spent. Ive tried the "were partners,...

How can I make money under 18 [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old I'm making research on how to make a money on the web and get paid throw papal that way I wouldn't have to give out my personal info on the web for (social security etc.) what's your best opinion

View more questions Search