Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCowall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Yahoo and Microsoft Word
    When I Copy something from a Yahoo message and try to Paste it into an existing Word document, Word crashes. Any ideas? Suggestions? All the support desks (MicroSoft, Dell and Yahoo) tell me it's one of the other's issue.
    jeffp Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Jan 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Try saving it to a new document rather than the existing document then copy the information from the existing document to the new document. In the end you will have the same combined document you were attempting. There may be a compatibility issue with the way you saved the original document that is causing it to crash.

If this doesn't work I have found that if I forward the message back to me something happens in that email process that gets rid of bugs.

Good luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Make sure you are only selecting the text and not other parts of the page. But if that's still the case, paste into Notepad first, then copy and paste again into Word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

Help In Microsoft Word [ 2 Answers ]

I have two questions. 1. How do you save a backup copy of a document? 2. How do you recover the text from a damaged document?

Microsoft word [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't I type in Microsoft Word? And when I could type how do I make It stop erasing the words in front of what I type?

Microsoft Word [ 9 Answers ]

How can I develop a Word form with lines so that when I type on those lines they don't disappear other than using control U because that doesn't work. Example: Name: ________________________ Address: ________________________ Now I want to go back and type on the lines. I have...

Microsoft Word [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have to do a essay and I am going to be doing it in Word XP. However, I have to have double spacing after each word. I don't really want to be pressing the spacebar twice after every word I type. Is there a way that I can confgure Word XP to automatically do two spaces when I press the...

View more questions Search