Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgina01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Bording school
    Do you thinkit is better sending a child to a bording school than an nomal school!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2010, 11:09 AM

Why would the child be sent to a boarding school?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 26, 2010, 11:47 AM

Is this something your parent have talked to you about? We would need more detail about the why part of the issue.
    jzsprinter Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
    If you're looking to better prepare the child to go away to college, then it will help acclimate him/her. The quality of the child's pre-college education and preparation is probably much more important and shouldn't be overlooked.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 02:15 PM

There is no one "right" school for kids, I am a firm believer in children being raised by their parents which would fairly well rule out my opinion of most kids in boarding school, I guess if parents were always traveling, never home and the kids had no real home life, that may be a choice.

I do like private schools over public schools
    sharmakavita81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2013, 02:56 AM
    Because it has many benefits:- Boarding school does not give children a good social background and makes it more difficult when they enter the real world.
    Boarding schools have highly qualified teachers.
    Boarding school reduces compartmentalization, because academic studies are blended with other activities, such as sports. This natural juxtaposition increases the appeal of both pursuits.
    Provides stability not available in families where one or both parents travel or are virtually never home due to work schedules.

>removed ad<
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 11, 2013, 08:12 AM
    This is an old thread, buit I'll chime in anyway. As a product of boarding school myself, and having scarificed to make sure my own children could attend boarding schools, obviously I'm a believer. Of course it depends very much on the quality of the school and the interests of the child, but I can say without hesitation that the schools I am familiar with (mostly traditional east coast prep schools) all offer superior education over virtually any public school in the country, give opportunities to pursue activities that are generally not available at public schools especially in sports and the arts, provide the opportunity to meet, work with, and make lifelong friends with highly talented and driven kids from all over the country - and indeed the world - and as the name "prep school" implies - a fabulous preparation for the best 4-year universities in the country. No, it's not for everyone, but comments from people who think boarding school must be only for children of parents who are away a lot or who don't want to raise their own kids just shows incredible ignorance on the subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Shorter School vacations, longer school days [ 5 Answers ]

From: More school: Obama would curtail summer vacation - Yahoo! News I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, I think that it would be a good idea for kids to have more school time. Frankly, our kids need more time in a regimented environment, whether that's school or...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

View more questions Search