Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeofbc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2003, 08:09 AM
    Playing 95 games on xp

I have been trying to play a game for windows 95 on windows xp . I have been doing what help has told me with no success... insert disc,close window,start,my computer,click game icon,cd rom right click auto run ,select properties,select compatibility tab for 95
    After all this i get a message telling me it can't find the path.. is there an easier way ? Thank you for any help in this matter
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 13, 2003, 08:38 AM
    playing 95 games on xp
    Have you been able to install the game?

If you have been able to install it, try:

Right-click the game icon
    Choose properties
    Choose shortcut
    Set the "working directory" to the directory (folder) the game is installed to

Another thing that might help, seeing that you have a path problem, is to try to put the game path (in your shortcut) and the working directory in quotes. Sometimes windows 95 -- and maybe win XP in compatibility mode, I'm not sure -- won't recognize file names with spaces unless they are in quotes:
    For example, it will see
    Start Game
    As
    Start
    But it will see
    "Start Game"
    As
    Start Game

If this doesn't work, or if you have not been able to install the game, please post the exact error message you receive.

Good luck, sometimes windows does weird things ;D:)

~psi42
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2003, 11:32 PM
    playing 95 games on xp
    Knowing, exactly, which game you're trying to run would help.

Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this guy playing games w/ me? [ 5 Answers ]

all right me and this guy met on a family trip. Exchanged numbers and started talking. In the beginning he told me he didn't want a relationship. I did. He told me he wanted to be "friends w/ benefits." I agreed. The idea didn't seem too harmful, hooking up w/ a hot guy no strings attached? We only...

Ex is playing games am I right to walk away? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted a question here about three weeks ago and I got some really great advice back, it was with regards to my ex-girlfriend, we had been out of contact for about two months after trying to be friends, I thought I was never going to hear from her again, and to be honest I was slowly getting use...

The games he's playing [ 3 Answers ]

Dear experts, Okay, here's the skeeze... this guy that I have been friends with for five or six years is everything I thought I needed in every other man I'd dated. He's smart, career driven, athletic, and above all, he's very nice, honest, and very sweet. And he's also got the face of an...

Playing DVDs [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a DVD you can download that actually works?My computer came with PowerDVD,but there was no audio,although I followed all the instructions.So I downloadedthe newest version,and not only was there no audio,there was no video.I tried WinDVD and Zoom Player,and it just said"no media...

Xp hangs when playing games [ 1 Answers ]

Im using XP, 40gb hardisk, 128 ram asus board , every time I play Battle Realms in the middle of the game my PC hangs and I get a message "microsoft just resolve a serious problem, would you like to send the problem". By the way the hardrive is partitioned and drive c: has 120 mb drivespace left ,...

View more questions Search