Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Nov 24, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Delete files
    What files can I delete in my computer that aren't needed, as in maybe what the computer comes with.

Its not that my computer is running slow, or that I am running out of space, I just want to make sure I don't have files in my computer that I don't need.

Sorry if I worded this very weird, lol I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.

Thank you!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2010, 11:29 PM
    If you want to de-clutter the safe way use Ccleaner: Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!.

Decludges your machine well and best of all it's FREE.
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Nov 25, 2010, 01:53 AM
    You could go into (If you have a PC) your start>control panel>add/remove programs and remove any that you don't use anymore? Be aware if windows warns you that "if you delete this program it will mess stuff up" then don't haha... go for programs you know you don't use anymore that you had put there.
    You could also go and delete your cookies or into your downloads folder and get rid of anything from there you don't need, like installers and zip folders... Sorry if you have a mac I'm not sure how to go about clearing stuff up then =/
    You can also defragment your computer and run a virus scan just in case, avast anti virus is free to download and it's really good for a free program!
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Nov 25, 2010, 07:15 PM

Thank you guys so much! This actually helped a lot.
    Haha, and no worries no mac, just a dell.

:) thank you thank you!

And happy thanksgiving all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to delete picture files on G4 [ 1 Answers ]

I have pics in my picture file I want to delete how do I do this?

Can't delete files [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who has some large files on his desktop. When he tries to delete them it says "can't delete because file is being used by another person or program" although there are no other programs open. Any ideas anyone??

Can't delete some files... [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. I've got Windows XP Home Edition on one of my PCs and since the last upgrades, I've not been able to delete files without changing the properties or attributes. Now, after downloading a file for a correspondence course, and wanting to delete the *.exe file that is just a self-extracting...

I can't delete files on my PC [ 2 Answers ]

Please, can someone help me? I can't get rid of some files (large) on my PC. I get an error like:"Cannot delete <file name> Acces is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." The files are not "Read only". I'm using winxp pro sp2 I...

View more questions Search