Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youtat13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
    My parents are getting a divorce, what do I do?
    Ok, so my name is Tate(15 year old male) and my parents are getting a divorce. There are four people in my family, my dad(Chris), my mom(Lori), my brother(McKay) and me. When I was younger my parents got along great. My brother and I are pretty could kids, we get good grades and don't do anything allegal. I think the first fight I witnessed was when I was 13 years old, we were having some money problems. My dad and my mom started to argue but then it escaladed to them just yelling at each other. My brother was out with some friends, so it was just my parents and me. I ran up in my room and just laid in my bed curled in my blaket trying to get away from the sounds of my dad yelling and my mom's crying. I just couldn't seem to get away from the noise. What ended up happening was my dad went to a hotel and my mom cried herself to sleep.(Now the weekend before Thanksgiving) Well this weekend my mom was going to the dell's(Winsconson Dells) and my dad and my brother were going to go to are cabin which was in Iowa. My dad went to are cabin before by brother and wasn't expecting my brother until that night, but my brother went down that afternoon. He walked in are cabin and saw are dad and this other women in are parents bed. My brother ran out door to his car and drove away and called my mom and told her. My mom was destroyed. She came home from the dells early in tears. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to just kill my dad(literally). Then my parents are going to dicuss the divorce before Thanksgiving. Just taking in all this, I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to kill myself and teach my dad a lesson for doing what he did. I have done so much to try and ease the pain. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to be done with it. ;
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 08:05 PM

What your dad did was wrong absolutely, cheating is a deal breaker. However Tate I do not think that there is anything that you can do personally in this matter except stay strong and be there for your mom.

I realize that this is earth shaking for you and your siblings and believe me this will all work out eventually one way or the other. I too as a child went through the same thing although I was much younger than you. It was confusing and frightening and I began asking myself if I was somehow part of the problem but I learned later that I was not.

If the divorce does happen I feel that you too will go through the same emotions as I did and you will learn that it was not you at all. This thing has to run its course and I am afraid that you will be drug along with it.

So I say again, try to be strong and be there for your family.

I sincerely wish you the best son.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 10:34 PM

You as the kids just don't do anything, you started by saying how good you are, like perhaps if you were better , this may not happen, that is not the case. You are not the cause and not the problem.

You remember that they both love you and that their problems while hurt you indirectly is not your problem, but their
    killerwhales22 Posts: 52, Reputation: -3

Dec 10, 2010, 03:47 PM
    All I can is if they try to tell you that the other parent is a piece od **** just say tell that to them not me leave me out of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My sister is going through a divorce.. can husband evict my parents who are visiting her [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is going through a divorce and my parents have gone to the US to help her through this time... her abusive husband has threatened to get my parents thrown out of the house.. can he do so legally? My sister and her kids are still in the marital home and he has moved out to a condo..

A divorce girl want to get married again parents not agree [ 13 Answers ]

what islam says about getting married second time without parents permission?my friend she wants to get married with her cousin.she has divorce from her first husband.she has 1 daughter as well.her parents not agree to get married with her cousin. she really wants to get married to him because of...

Non Custodial parents rights in divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking at getting a divorce from m wife. I have been married for 8 to 9 years and I have no children with her. I have two children from my first wife. Does she have in rights that I need to know about before I go forward with this divorce?

Do I seek approval from my divorce parents? [ 3 Answers ]

Do I seek approval from my father of my fiancé or even invite my father who divorced my mother 20 years ago to my wedding. I'm 30 years old and he was never part of my life after the divorce and I only talk to him a couple of times of year. He still acts like a father over the phone but never...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search