Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Campervan25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 01:55 PM
    I'm straight but I think I'm in love with my gay best friend.
    So a few days ago my best friend told me he was gay. I'm the only person he's told so I'm really flattered that he told me, but ever since he told me he was gay I can't get him out of my mind and I can't stop thinking about him. And I think I've started to like him more than a best friend. Now I've had stupid, silly guy crushes before but I've never felt this way about a boy before. Now, whenever I'm on my own I'm fine, but whenever I'm with him I'm attracted to him. But I can't just tell him because he's only recently told me, he knows I'm straight and he doesn't like talking about him being gay. I'm scared to tell him and if I do it's most likely going to be a messege over Facebook, but I'm scared that if I tell him he won't like me and it may ruin the friendship. I'm straight, I like girls but I don't know why I'm attracted to him, I don't get turned on but guys, so I'm really scared and confused.
    We're both 14.
    Chris0107 Posts: 63, Reputation: 12

Nov 23, 2010, 03:03 PM

Hmmm... sounds like you might be bi.

You're 14, so this is the age where you will probably find yourself and starting learning about who you are and you're sexuality.

I would definitely hold off on telling him and just wait and see what happens, or see if you're feelings change as time goes. He confided in you as a best friend and I don't think telling him is appropriate at this time until you figure out what these feelings are that you have. It could pass, or you could just be curious. If you do continue to have feelings for him down the line then maybe you can say something, but right now I don't think you know what these feelings are, so best not to open those cans of worms just yet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2010, 07:41 PM

Sorry but at 14 you should not be sex ( anything) except thinking about it. So be friends and just be 14 year old kids
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 06:51 AM

No need to tell him anything because you don't know yourself. Curiosity may make intense feelings more intense but acting on them without more thought is a disaster at 14, or any other age when you are not that sure of yourself.

Give this a lot more time to see what develops, years even. Gay or straight. 14 is a time you can make mistakes if you are not careful on how you deal with these emerging feelings, as there is no telling where they are coming from.
    nizhulei Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 05:26 AM
    Tell him.

I am gay, I am in love with straight. And do u know how much I want he say he loves me?

Tell him
    Live_life Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 03:24 AM
    Well you have got yourself a tough one.first of all don't tell him as yet. The thing you can do is firstly figure out your feelings give it a year or two at least.the thing is that as others have said you might just be curious and thus making the feeling you feel for him intense.in this period you can hang out with him and find out more about him give him hunches of what you feel get close to him. One more thing came to my mind while reading your problem. There might be a reason behind why he told you he was gay. Knowing you are straight he would not have told you in fear of you reacting to it in a negative way and your friendship being in jeopardy.he also might have feelings for you as well.. (well that's how I see it.). So assess the situation properly...
    Nightsound Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Im 14 too. For me, your best friend is one of the luckiest gay. Few STRAIGHT men fall in love with gays.
    First, you need to find time knowing if he likes you too. You just can't tell him straight that you like him.FIND TIME
    Im 14 too. Im a silent gay and I have a pretty bad love life. I was madly in love with my best friend. I can't wait for him to tell him. I don't want to be late because after this year he will be transferring. So I called him in the middle of the night. I confronted him. After I told him I like him, it was complete silence. Then he told me "ok............ thanks........ but" then he hung up. Next day in school, we did not talk. It was awkward and odd. He favored a friend of mine to tell me something. He said "your best friend told me that he really likes you but sorry". Then I shattered into pieces and learned a lesson. To find time for him and understand him deeper... you don't want to end up like mine,so.. FIND TIME.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I was not a gay.But now I have different feelings about my closest straight friend. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi eneryone. In a way I'm desperate. All my years I was straight. My experiences were only with woman and I never liked men.Ever! The last 3 years I met a guy who now is my best friend.I have him like a brother to me.I always care for him and I support him with every possible ways like money...

Is my friend Gay, Bi or Straight? [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, here's the brief outline. I've had a crush on one of my friends for a long time and being openly gay myself, I had no problem with flirting with him (seeing as he is single). The other night, I took him back to my flat (I was drunk, he wasn't) and one thing led to another and we ended up...

Gay in love with straight [ 39 Answers ]

I am 53 married and in love with a 30 years old straight guy for the last 12 years. He loves me a great deal. We have sex regularly. In the beginning he was a little awkward but now he is passionate. There is one problem though. He is attracted to girls. In the past he never used to date girls as...

I am in love with my straight friend. [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy in middle school. I had gym with him. I distinctively remember him telling me he was bisexual when he was in 8th grade. I was in 7th. As time went by he kind of popped up in my mind randomly. WE went to different high schools and I never really talked to him.I came out at 17. So...

Another gay man in love with straight guy? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok... I am going to write about something that is driving me crazy and is so weird and strange its unbelivable. I am a 37 gay man and in love with another man which I work with. This other man has been around the block a few times and has vast experience in life, work and love. He has travelled...

View more questions Search