Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dustinnel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Help with irresponsible family member
    I live with my two brothers. My parents are currently in a foreign country.

One of my brothers is in his late twenties. He has a poor credit and income. We are working very hard and going to college full-time to keep up with the costs (bills, rent, etc... ), however, he is part-time in college and won't contribute that much to the family. We have tried talking to him, but he keeps changing the subject and gets defensive. Our parents have talked to him, but they haven't had much luck.

I'm not sure what route we should take, as I have spent all of my savings, and used my credit lines to keep up. I'm thinking about moving out and finding other roommates...
    natarakiak Posts: 15, Reputation: -4

Dec 8, 2010, 07:34 PM
    He is still your brother! They need you. Don't worry, you will not lived with them forever. If you finish your studies then that's the time to move out. You cannot change him, no person has the power to change another person. But it doesn't mean he will not change.Someday he will.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2010, 09:01 PM

Family can often be the worst people to try and live with and share. Exact money to be paid by each should have been agreed to before moving in.

Who owns the house you are living in ? Is it owned by family or just a home you are renting together.

Whose name is on the lease ( if rented)
    Was there agreements on who pays what.

It is not fair that you or other member pays more than your share.

I would set down all together agree or demand what has to be paid, and pay no more than your share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

Oregon Family Law: CP has SOLE custody & is irresponsible [ 7 Answers ]

I hope I can make my question as simple as possible because history with my ex is anything but... but here goes: About a year ago, me ex filed for custody and child support of our two teenage children. I contested his petition but long story short, ended up stipulating to an agreement that...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search