Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loiemary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
    Bandage adhesive removal from cathether connection?
    On a catheter connection it is all sticky from tape holding it to the leg - how do you remove the sticky stuff for a dry connection - I have tried alcohol and it doesn't work
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2010, 01:29 PM

Try baby oil
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
    To answer your question, try a little WD40; that should take the sticky glue right off. That said, you might want to look into getting catheter holders to secure the catheter. They are not that expensive but worth every penny. If you can't get the catheter holder, you can make one.

Place a wide piece of tape to the patient's leg where you want to attach the catheter. Leave it in place and just replace it when it becomes soiled. Wrap a piece of tape around the catheter. You will leave it in place as well. Then you can put a piece of tape over the tape on the catheter and attach it to the tape on the patient's leg. That way you are not having to remove the tape from the catheter or the patient's leg. Kind of like a Montgomery bandgae for the catheter.
    pixiekittcatt1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2010, 02:46 AM
    WD-40 or adhesive remover, but wash with soap and rinse good or the next tape application will not work
    yazz1972 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 03:34 PM
    We call the catheter holders G-STRAPS, AND THEY HOLD THE TUBE TO THE LEG
    username32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 11:18 AM
    Meth spirit (White spirit) is always best in this.

I have heard of many ways but this is always best.

Regards

Garvin Timmann - PR International Ltd
    3 Kingley Park, Station Road, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, WD4 8GW, UK
    Tel: +44 (0) 1923 270508 Fax: +44 (0)1923 269134
    Web: http://www.printernational.co.uk skype: printernational
    Co.Reg: 1785226 England/ Wales VAT No: GB 449 4437 21

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bandage Adhesive Removal [ 20 Answers ]

What household products are good at removing the bandage adhesive from the skin and of course are safe to use.

Adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove some old, but very thin yellow adhesive from a concrete floor. The adhesive was used to glue a carpet to the floor. I have been using diluted muriatic acid and a metal hand-brush ("elbow grease"), but it it really difficult to take it off. It the acid is too strong, it etches...

Old adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the vinyl tiles in my basement to find this old black adhesive painted all over the floor.I was planning on painting the floor-Would I have to remove the adhesive before I could paint the floor ? If so what is the fastest and easiest way of doing so ?

Adhesive removal from table [ 8 Answers ]

I have a pine table with a finish on it. I put a nonskid mat under the table cloth so it wouldn't slide, however, the nonskid mat left a bumpy sticky adhesive on the table and I can't get it off. Is there anything I can use without messing up the finish?

Plumbing Adhesive Removal [ 3 Answers ]

[ Can You Suggest A Product That Will Remove Or At Least Soften Dried Adhesive Or Mastic Used To Secure Shower Door Frame To Ceramic Tile Wall. Your Comments Will Be Appreciated. Gandina

View more questions Search