Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2003, 04:12 PM
    Winxp  admin and log on problems(network)
    Hi I'm back again. This is my prblem, I'm running 2 winxp
    Pc's in a home network which worked fine with 98se. I know XP is supposed to setup your network on the fly as setup, which it did but now I've swiched 1 PC to xp also(2xp pc's) I can see my daughters machine and access files load and so-on, I can see mine on her side, but that's all no access. It keeps telling I don't have admin rights(\\blank is not accessible you might not have permission to access this resource contact admin for rights). I am admin?I have print and file share of course admin rights also, check DNS, protocol, firewalls, nothing Please help THX, GAMER
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2003, 09:08 AM
    winxp  admin and log on problems(network)
    Are you sure you joined the workgroup is that how you have the computers setup? Just to point something out when trying to join an XP machine to a 98 workgroup by default windows 98 setup the workgroup as workgroup where as winxp sets up by default as mshome got to make sure that you change that when you networking your xp machine to the group.
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2003, 03:45 PM
    winxp  admin and log on problems(network)
    Thanks for the help, I got my daughters machine to see mine and can transfer files and print from it now but now I can't get to hers fro mine?I'll have to recheck user rights again, I'v done so much to it as far as changing admin, policie so-on, I'm sure I messed up something, again thanks for your help ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless network problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 pc's in my wireless network all running XP Home. They all used to have access to my base station printer but now they can't because the base station can't find them. I've tried a few things in the "windows setup a wireless home network" and "network places" and other programs but my base...

Home Network Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to setup a Home network with two XP computers. The system keeps telling me that my cable is unplugged yet after hrs of trouble shooting I can not find the problem. Everything I checked on the Eithernet card show both working properly. I even took one of the cards out and replaced...

Winxp network wizard [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help I used the xp network wizard to make a network in the office I work in. I started the network so that two people could share printers. I created a network setup disk and installed that on a laptop using windows ME. Everything was OK but when I try to view the computers on the...

View more questions Search