Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rossalaska Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 05:55 PM
    Using mouse rather than pad.
    How do you turn off the pad when you are using a mouse? My fingers touch the pad and causes the cursor to move when typing.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 06:11 PM

How about an external mouse?
    USB plugin?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2010, 07:31 PM

There might be either a dedicated key somewhere on the laptop the turnes it off. If there is none then you should have a function key (F1 - F12) that disables it. These are the keys right at the top of the keyboard. The have dual function and should have a picture on each key with a green or purple colour.

Every laptop is different though. To access the function keys you must press the "Fn" key on the keyboard (between ctrl and Windows key) and the corresponding F key.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Dell has a utility that does disables the touchpad when it sees a USB mouse attached. What brand do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I pad [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the difference between a regular I pad and a 3G I pad?

Can you spray water on the to of a lilly pad tokill the lilly pad? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you kill lilly pads by having a continuous water spray on the surface of th lilly pad?

Laptop mouse pad not working [ 2 Answers ]

The other day my little brother and his friend were pushing some buttons on my laptop and today when I went to use it I discovered that the mouse won't work. You can't click, scroll, or move the mouse in any way. It is reallly important that I fix this. Also I cannot access the toolbar because it...

Laptop mouse pad isn't working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I really need help. I have the AcerOne laptop, and I've had it since last christmas and everything's been fine up until this morning when I turned it on and found the mouse isn't working at all! I would try to re-install anything but it doesn't click on anything at all to do that! Im using the...

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

View more questions Search