Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djdrdkev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Remove a family member
    Can I remove an adult family member from my home
    She does not follow any rules and does not help out or do anything.
    She comes and goes when she feels like it and is upsetting the house hold
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Give her notice and if she doesn't move, pack up her stuff, put it in storage and change the locks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Well it will depend on whoyou are, and the relationship with the adult member. If you are a child and this adult is your mom who owns the house, it is not that easy.

But I will assume perhaps you are the parents and this is a adult daughter living at home.

Best way is to sit down and sit up a time table plan for them to move out, depending on if they have a job, money saved and so on. Give them 2 or 3 months.

If it is a seriuos situation, tell them to be out tomorrow.

And yes basically pack up their stuff if they have stuff that is thiers and move them out and change the locks in the most serious.

I had a son and "friend" and children, after about one week I know it was not working, I paid their rent for 2 months in a "OK" place to let them get on their own.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Just to add to Fr Chuck's assumption...

It is assumed that this adult daughter is NOT paying rent.

Because if she is, then things get a bit more complicated.
    sisterbrat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by djdrdkev
    can i remove an adult family member from my home
    she does not follow any rules and does not help out or do anything.
    she comes and goes when she feels like it and is upsetting the house hold
    Have you gotton any response from your question? I need the same answer. I just came in here. Maybe we can help one another.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterbrat
    Have you gotton any response from your question?? I need the same answer. I just came in here. maybe we can help one another.
    Did you read the three reponses in this thread before you posted?
    sisterbrat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 05:39 PM

Hi, I have just learned how to maneuver around here, kind of, just came in last night. Ididn't find anything until AFTER I posted, obviously... didn't know I could just come in here and read. So I will go read, right now. :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

? About getting a family member to move [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I live in a single family home that is owned by his mother. She lives in an inlaw apartment over the garage. We pay her rent to live here. My husbands sister lives in the basement which is finished off and is supposed to be paying rent. Since my husband's father passed away...

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

Horrific family member [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here it is. I live with my aunt who has raised me since I was seven years old, so she is pretty much my parent. She also raised my sister and my brother on and of (him). I have a son who is like her grandson. I moved out to go to college and then I moved back in because I was in a terrible...

View more questions Search