Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ivygroup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 01:02 PM
    1991 Dodge Dynasty odometer problem
    The speedometer on our 1991 Dynasty stopped working. We bought a "new" instrument panel. The speedometer worked but the odometer didn't. We bought another "new" panel and the odometer and trip meter don't work in this one either. Help!
    luminator2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Probably needs a cable from the instrument panel to the tranny. If it snapped it won't work that's my guess
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

Aug 3, 2011, 08:00 PM

Dodge Dynasty cars did not need or use any speedometer cables. Speed information is derived from speed sensors, which are also used by the electronically controlled automatic transmission. When disconnected, the odometer will not work correctly again until a code is entered into the body computer, via a programming device the dealers usually had on hand. They called that procedure "flashing." That was suppose to prevent people from tampering with odometers, like rolling them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

Dodge Dynasty (1990) front marker light change [ 1 Answers ]

How to access socket for bulb replacement? Insufficient access to socket from inside engine compartment. Apparently lens/parabolic reflector assembly must be dismounted from the car body. Photos from parts supplier's computer don't look quite like the auto's configuration. Diagram shows...

1993 Dodge Dynasty [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Dodge Dynasty. I was just wondering where the water pump would be located on it? It's a 3.0 V-6. I was told by a friend of mine that I would have to pull the motor?! Just want to know where its at, and if that's true or not. Thanks.

04 Dodge Ram - pull fuse to shut off odometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and am trying to find out if the fuse is blown or pulled on the odometer/speedometer... will the internal computer still keep track of the mileage. I am concerned how many miles might be on the truck, since I have recently found out that the "friend" :mad: we...

View more questions Search